Hi all,

Hugh Hodges (VP - Aust. TYP901 register) and I just had a fabulous 5 days driving from Melbourne up to Sydney via the "scenic" route which included over the Snowy Mountains Hwy - 200 kms. of very fast winding open road and plenty of hills and tricky bits, perfectly suited to an early 911.

We were on our way to Canberra (nations capital) to meet with the Canberra porsche club guys to fill them in on the early TYP901 register and then on up to Sydney for a Sunday brunch run with some of our Sydney TYP901 members.

We drove home via the coast run for a while before turning inland for the mountains again and some really incredible pieces of road. Some pics are posted below.

Hugh and I thought that you guys would really appreciate seeing some of the Australian high country if you ever get down this way. We surely would love to host some early 911 guys down here for a few days of driving over some of our beautiful, yet rarely travelled roads. We might even be able to manage a few LHD cars - but you still have to drive on the "other" side of the road.

be sure to let any of us know if you are planning a trip downunder. Lisa and I will be at GAF this year so be sure to catch up with us if you want some more info.