Quote Originally Posted by Jens
...but, we have a '68 US (ab-)Normal.
As of yesterday, I'm down with Jens. Bought a '68 USA (ab-) normal myself, #11835131 in Sand Beige, as a R-project car. It's in pretty sorry cosmetic shape at the moment with some left rear qtr-panel damage, trashed interior, non-stock parts everywhere, including a Euro-SC type 930/10 engine and 915 tranny and flat-6" Fuchs. The engine runs strong, the clutch is chattering, 1st and 2nd synchros are weak, but it runs and drives very solidly and I could only find a couple of very small rust patches on the exterior window frames and one rust-thru slit about 2" long on the passenger side floorboard. I'll start stripping out the interior and soundproofing next week to see what else I find, but it looks like this one can be brought back into a nice RGruppe sleeper for not TOO many bucks. We'll see.

Here's the rear left corner hit by an uninsured motorist that caused the seller to give up on the car (amoung other things.)

Here's a rear shot showing the extent of the damage- the license panel was crumpled, both rear lenses broke, the left fender needs to be pulled about 1/4" out to restore the gaps on the non-original '74-77 decklid and get rid of the crease up by the wheel well, but I figure a fiberglass R bumper and lights will grease right in there, and I may as well have some small R flares hammered into the fenders while it's getting straightened.

And most interesting to my eyes was the small sticker on the side of the elec. panel cover in the engine bay. It appears TRE breathed on this car at some point. I emailed Dave to see if he remembers it.

I need some stock headlights for this thing right away to get it roadworthy. Anyone got a pair? They don't have to be cherry H-1s like Jerry's, this is going to be a rat-rod at best.

TT