Thread: For Sale 72 911 RSR Outlaw with 3.6L

Cool For Sale 72 911 RSR Outlaw with 3.6L

This beautiful 73 RSR LooK car is a very well built car and is ready to drive on the street or to autocross.
    But it’s a GREAT track car for Drivers Ed’s.
    It’s a real BLAST to drive!
    It could be set up very easily to be used as a full GT race car.

Chassis: 1972 911T non sunroof coupe. The tub and doors are steel. The front and rear finders, hoods, front and rear bumpers and valances are fiberglass. The car was disassembled for paint and is fully painted with Grand Prix White poly urethane paint on the upper surfaces. The underside and inside finder wells are painted black. It has a fully welded GT style cage. The cage is connected to the front and rear suspension points. It is made with 1.5”dia. X .095 thk. wall DOM mild steel tubing through out. It is built to pass SCCA, PCA, HSR or any others racing clubs rules. In the rear the shock towers are strengthened and tubed to the cage. The interior is totally striped out with no heat, AC or radio. It has a MOMO steering wheel and Corbeau seats with 5 point belts.
    The rear seat wells have been removed and lite weight sheet metal installed.
    The doors are gutted with only the window frames remaining. The windows are Lexan with custom strap type setup for raising and lowering the windows. It has custom made bead rolled lite weight aluminum door panels.
    The beading on door the panels match the door bars. Custom door handles
    are made from the original ones. Here’s a large front oil cooled system with stainless steel braded oil lines. The oil cooler is integrated into the tub. It’s boxed in and air exits out the bottom. NEW body
    seals and gaskets. The front wind shield is glass and the rear is lite weight EURO glass. The headlights are H4’s and the running, brake and signal lights are fully functional. It has a NEW 15 Gallon competition fuel cell with stainless lines. The weight is 2,200 Lbs.

Engine: 3.6L from a 92 964 with 64K miles and is in great condition.
    It has been chipped and has a K&N with a set of headers and SuperTraps.
    It was leak down tested prior to installation and was 3% across the board. NO leaks! Solid rear motor mounts.
    On a Dynojet chassis dyno it has 260 rwhp and 235 foot pounds of torque.
    That’s about what HP that the original 2.8L RSR put to the rear wheels, But the TQ is 35 lbs. higher.
    The best thing is about using a 3.6 that is near stock.
    It won't need a lot of maintenance. It runs strong and sounds great!

Transmission: 5 speed 915 from a 911 SC is a refurbished. It has an 8-31 ring and pinion gear with a 930 ZF limited slip differential and short throw shifter. It has a NEW Timmins fly wheel with NEW light weight aluminum pressure plate, disk, TO bearing and ring gear.

Suspension: NEW Torsion bar type Sway-A-Away 30mm in rear and 23mm in front.
    Aluminum Carrera cross member and NEW Weltmeister hard bushings. The front struts are Koni with NEW Koni adjustable sport shocks inserts and NEW ball joints. NEW Turbo tie rods and bump steer spacers. The rears are NEW Bilstein sport shocks. The sway bars are NEW adjustable Weltmeister 22mm Front and 22 Rear. It has updated rear Carrera aluminum trailing arms with new bearings and updated adjustable spring plates with NEW Weltmeister hard bushings. The wheels are NEW P2 Fuchs from Lindsey Racing. There 9.5” X 17” front and 11” X 17” rears with ADVAN Yokohama's A032R DOT-legal competition tires. The fronts are 255-40’s and the rears are 315-35’s

Brakes: NEW front and rear big brake calipers set up with stainless braded brake hoses.
    Turbo size 4 piston calipers up front. The rears are 2 piston Carrera front size caliper.
    It has NEW Front and rear cross drilled Carrera rotors with carbon brake pads.
    It is a great track set up. They work great on the street too.
    Price mid $40's OBO
    Email: Don at aircooledclassic@aol.com for a complete picture pack.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don Ramsay
    Air Cooled Classics Inc.
    www.aircooledclassics.biz

Let us build your next Street, Race, R or a RS or RSR!

72 911 RSR 3.6 L (Outlaw) Sold
    76 911 RSR Race Car (Just Finished)
    73 911 RSR race car (under construction)
    73 911 RSR Street (under construction)
    72 911 RSR Street (under construction)
    90 911 C4 to 73 RSR Backdate! (Almost Done)

Cool

SOLD

It's going to Mexico City!
    Thanks Carlos!
    Don Ramsay
    Air Cooled Classics Inc.

Thumbs up to Don; I just got off of the phone with him today and was able to track a portion of the mystery history of my '69S to his shop. He was the rebuilder of my motor 3 years ago. I knew it was a quality build, but was even happier to be able to track it to him.

Top notch 911 guy!
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh
    Thumbs up to Don; I just got off of the phone with him today and was able to track a portion of the mystery history of my '69S to his shop. He was the rebuilder of my motor 3 years ago. I knew it was a quality build, but was even happier to be able to track it to him.

Top notch 911 guy!
    Hey man!
    Thanks for your kind words!
    It was great talking with you. I'm glad I could help.
    Don Ramsay
    Air Cooled Classics Inc.