Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Find Roger!

Only ORIGINAL once!

Curt,
    You hit the nail square on the head. It's only ORIGINAL once, unmolested as it came from the factory 35 years ago except for the oil and oil filter.
    All the best!
    Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27
    Early 911S Registry members since 1999

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa
    It belongs back in Stuttgart...
    My thoughts exactly... but if they're not even slightly interested you'd have to wonder why.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

Here's some photos I took at the show.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Wow ...........

Sorry, but that car is not worth driving; it must be hermetically sealed and protected as a last gleaming example of what these cars were once like. It is no longer a car, it is an artifact. It should remain as something to be studied because in my lifetime, I guarantee that without cars like this, it will fall from memory what "correct" is. This car will make sure that never happens.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

I agree, it should be left as arefrence for every one, specially for the owners of the 911 s, t , so there is a place where a real untouched car can be seen and compared to.

also a few weeks backs there was a discousion on what color should the emblems be! well from what i see orange.

I wonder what that hood emblem would bring on ebay? Since driving this car would be considered sinful? I'd suggest draining all fluids, then figuring out a way to display it on a rotisserie...Probably the best way for all the P-car "historians" to really eyeball how the factory did it. But then, how to design a rotisserie that would display an intact car well? You'd want to be able to open doors, engine lid, trunk, still have the bumpers intact, etc. Ahhhh...too many problems. But pleasant ones for the owner, yes?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

HOLY COW! For all those who say that these cars are meant to be driven and therefore it is wrong to preserve this car, I say you just don't get it. These cars are significant historically and this car is probably the best representation of what they were like originally.

I could spend hours looking at this car much the way I could spend hours looking at a piece of artwork. Sure I could buy a $10 reproduction of a van Gogh but depending on the fuel for your passion there is just something special about studying the original.

It just amazes me that there is a 35 year old car out there with 600 miles that the mice and squirrels hadn't gotten to. Now, if I can just get a closeup shot of that hood emblem so that I have something to match the restoration of mine . . . . . . . .

What a beauty. Glad I don't have it. I would be too tempted to drive it, or sit in it for hours on end, or rub my hands all over it, or just wax it every day.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC