Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Find Roger!

Thumbs up Great Find Roger!

I missed GAF this year but saw the pictures. Wow, Roger! I haven't seen a story about your find on this site, but I'd love to read about it. What are your plans for it?

Congratulations.

713 mile 1970 911S

Thanks Steve,

As far as I know the lowest milage over 35 year old 911 around. I had heard stories about this car for years but always thought it was just a myth. I got a call from my friend Sam Cabiglio asking if I wanted to take a look at it and did I know someone who maybe interested in the car. I have recently started helping people find cars as I no longer work for a dealership and there is no conflict with my employer. I called someone I knew who is always looking for something "unique" and told him about the car. When we went to look at it, I was blown away! It was a real time machine, parked in a garage for 33 years with only 713 total miles and even better it was sold by Vasak Polak 31 July 1970. The car is very close to perfect, but has a few flaws due to its long term storage in a garage. The car is untouched and should settle many debates about how these cars were really built as we see so many "overly restored" cars now and hear so much opinion as to what is original. I hope to get Excellence to do and artical and have the car completely documented.
    As I was so busy with the R Gruppe events and with the car I didn't get a chance to take any pictures of it this weekend. I hope someone who did take pictures of it will post them for everyone to enjoy. More on this car in the future.
    All the best!
    Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27
    Early 911S Registry member since 1999

Wink

Who is the nut who buys a Porsche and NEVER drives it for 35 years?
    God bless him, but he ain't no friend of mine!

713 mile 1970 911S

The gentleman who ordered it got very sick shortly after he took delivery of it and died soon after that. His wife has kept the 911 and a 1967 E Type Jaguar with 10,000 mile in her garage all this time. At the convincing of a relitive, she decided it was time for closure and the cars were sold.
    I will be posting the whole story of this car in the future if one of the magazines doesn't.
    All the best!
    Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27

It really was amazing to see this car, thanks for bringing it for us to gawk at. Too bad about the wind blowing over your cool display and breaking the glass! At first I was disgusted the same as Gruen911...who would buy such a beautiful and expensive car and let it sit with only 700 miles on it!!! But your story explains it perfectly, and being sentimental, I don't blame his widow for keeping it like that. Rumor has it that the engine is seized, is that true?

I heard it sold for $150,000...true?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

911s

How a bout an RS IN TRADE MATCHING #'S JUST COMPLETED A COEMETIC RESTORATION,BARE METAL PAINT;NEW CARPETS NEW DASH,SEATS REDONE??

Are there photos of this car over on Pelican?
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

713 mile 1970 911S

Frank this car is a 35 year old virgin never been touched time machine. The motor is not seized it has been left untouched at this time so EVRYTHING can be documented. The owner and I are trying to decide what is the best way to go, after all it is only ORIGINAL ONCE! If it's taken aparts then it's just another restored car.
    I'm not a liberty to say what it sold for, the new owner bought both cars as a package deal. And as you might expect a piece like this way priced accordingly.
    All the best!
    Roger Grago
    R Gruppe # 27

Is this the one?...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100