Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Find Roger!

I would love to see some more detailed pictures of this car too.
    Hope the write up gets done.

Value, investment ?? WTF cares !
    If I had that kind of money to burn, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    Yes the value is in the low miles, but even if you drove it 500 miles a year,
    10 years later you still have a low mileage car.
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

That car is the find of the century, but even better is the story behind it along with the Jag. Before that car gets touched, it should be photographed to within an inch of it's life. No detail is too minor not to document. I'm not of the means to buy such a car as life costs way more than my fun fund allows, but if I had it I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Well, one thing we "do" know is who didn't buy it......Seinfeld. Certainly he was offered the car (Cabiglio helps Seinfeld find cars....). Wonder why?

E

Quote Originally Posted by fg1227
    Tom,while I BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SAID;I WOULD BE WILLING TO DO ALL THAT'S NECESSARY TO MAKE THE CAR RIGHT;BY THE WAY A '70 s cost $5900 ;i KNOW A BOUGHT A LEFT OVER IN '71,BRAND NEW FOR $5900 ;IT WAS STOLEN OFF THE STREETS OF QUEENS,NY;I COULDN'T AFFORD IT THEN AND IT WAS FINANCED,$168 A MONTH;IT'S SO MUCH EASIER FOR ME TO WRITE A CHECK NOW.............ALL I DO IS RELIVE THE PAST.YOU CAN'T ENJOY THE PAST BUT YOU CAN TRY!! tHOSE WERE THE DAYS ;MY FIRST PURCHASE IN THE MUNI BUSINESS

That's why you are the man, Frank!

FWIW: I wasn't trying to stir up a storm either. I've talked with Roger about the car and we both agreed that there are 2 ways of seeing it. One as an investment (me) and the other as a historically significant car that cannot be duplicated. I couldn't agree more. I await more pictures of the car that will win the PCA Preservation Class forever.

Best,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by gulf908
    Not sure about the $50 but it sure would be worth some money
    Aw, C'mon. Pony Up! I'm not a concour guy by any means but, love looking at originality and when I do keep something stock I like to do it right!

For me if I had the dough? I wouldn't blink an eye about investment. WhoTFC! It's way beyond that. It'd be about perserving the history, Man.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik
    Well, one thing we "do" know is who didn't buy it......Seinfeld. Certainly he was offered the car (Cabiglio helps Seinfeld find cars....). Wonder why?

E
    Likely because Jerry has a '70 S (it maybe a '71) which he claimed in an article a while back that it was his favorite Porsche to drive.

I concur with Tom. This is a great car but the value of it lies in the fact of its low miles so driving it would devalue it greatly.

And a Porsche you can't drive is just not right...
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Bummler
    Likely because Jerry has a '70 S (it maybe a '71) which he claimed in an article a while back that it was his favorite Porsche to drive.

I concur with Tom. This is a great car but the value of it lies in the fact of its low miles so driving it would devalue it greatly.

And a Porsche you can't drive is just not right...
    It may not be right to not be able to drive a Porsche, but for those who saw it at GAF there is no doubt this is one amazing car. Thanks to Roger and the owner for generously sharing it with us. It belongs in a museum just the way it is.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Quote Originally Posted by a911s
    It may not be right to not be able to drive a Porsche, but for those who saw it at GAF there is no doubt this is one amazing car. Thanks to Roger and the owner for generously sharing it with us. It belongs in a museum just the way it is.
    If the buyer is who I think he is...it'll be close to that, a museum. Right, Eric?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Wink To be original or not to be original

I had the pleasure to see this car over the GAF weekend. It is STUNNING, period. I heard about this car about 4 weeks ago, heard the price, and right now it was not in the cards. I know who bought it, and he has plenty of really great cars to drive. So the fact it may not be driven is okay with me, it is literally a work of art. Do I think it is worth it? Absoultely! I have a 73T, which I posted a picture of. It has 3,900 original miles, everything 100% original, with the exception of the motor and trans was stolen in 1974, the car was on blocks, and was not found until about 14 months ago, when I discoverd it and bought it. All of the cosmolene (try looking this word up in Websters) is all over the underside and wheel wells. This car had 4 brand new 7" Fuchs in boxes sitting next to it. 4 brand new XWX tires sitting next to it, with the stickers still on them. A factory ducktail still in primer next to it. I would love to show these to Harvey. Actually, the car was found with 3,100 miles, the finder put a new motor and trans in it (actually the motor is only 200 off of the chasis number, the COA shows about 400 off for the original motor), and started to drive it to break in the motor. I said STOP! I have only put about 50 miles on it since I purchased it, and it drives as a NEW car. Jens, Rick Cabell, Roger, and many others have seen this car. Roy, at Auto's cleaned out the carpets etc. for me, and said in all his years, he has never seen such an original interior as mine. If Roy saw this 70 S, it is even better! I will drive mine for special events, but that is it. If I had this 70S, I would leave it just as it is. Who cares if anyone drives it? Many of us know what a 70-71S drives like. This car could be the benchmark for anyone trying to be sure they are duplicating what the factory did in 1970, as mine could for 73, other than the engine and trans. Another great thing this car has brought to us all, there are still some AMAZING CARS still out there, waiting for hopefully one of us to discover.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

take your pick

I hate to post my cars,as some wankers always get excited and think I 'm an idiot and can steal them.
    Rodger,have the owner consider any of these in trade,or combination of cash and trade or all cash
    1/'56 SPEEDSTER
    2/ '67 911R
    3/'67 911s ALL ORIGINAL 50,000 MILES
    4/'69 911E ALL ORIGINAL 15,600 MILES
    5/'69 911S ALL ORIGINAL(MINOR TOUCH UP TO PAINT) 24,000 MILES
    6/'73 911S TARGA ALL ORIGINAL WITH 54,000 MILES
    7/'70 911S TARGA
    8&9 'TWO '73 911S 50,000 MILES ON OWNER WITH REPAINT
    10/'72 911T TARGA ORIGINAL ONE REPAINT
    11/'73 911S JUST REBUILD ENGINE BY RICK CABELL TO 2.7 SPEC's SPECTACULAR
    12/'70 911T BUILT TO ST SPEC'S INCLUDING 2.5 TWIN PLUG