Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Esses 2nd Annual Fall Gathering

Hi George,

Glad you can join us again. George has found a flight into Grand Rapids, which is a short drive from Muskegon, on Friday night.

I thought I might give this place a call to see if they can accommodate our group. Any objections or other places that we should consider?

http://www.theweathervaneinn.net/accomodations.html
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Brian,
    Looks pretty nice. Maybe nice enought to entice the wife to come along!
    Ron Wiser, Member #703
    Looking for trans 7190114

I have booked 11 rooms (all that was available for the weekend) at the Weather Vane Inn for our group. I talked with the manager yesterday and determined the rooms are $99/night and each room has either a queen or king bed with a pull out couch and continental breakfast is included. She described the parking and it seems fine for our group. Here is the breakdown of the rooms.

1) myself and George (we get the only heart-shaped bed left )

2) Randy and Barb

3) Jared and friend?

4) Jim and Charlie (parking for the 57 Chevy is across the street )

5) Larry and Judy

6) Dwight and maybe wife

7) Curt

8) Ron and maybe wife

9, 10, 11) Dave and Melissa and several other friends

The rooms are being held in my name so could you guys please call (877-893-8931) the inn and reserve the rooms in your name and send me a PM when you have done so? They have a 48 hr. cancellation policy but I would like to give them more time than that if someone decides not to go. I am a little nervous booking a place for us sight unseen but there is no chance I can make a trip up there to check it out before the weekend. Hope everyone is cool with this.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeK
    OK, it seems I managed to smuggle my way into this meet too.
    Actually, with that heart shaped bed, it looks like you may have "snuggled" your way in! LOL
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

I like to treat our international guests right.

Guys,

I forgot to mention that I have reserved the rooms in my name (Brian Fryar) for Friday and Saturday night. I thought it would be easiest to stay in the same place both nights instead of looking for another place.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

The weekend is a "go" for me and Judy. Glad that there are other Porsche widows coming along. It'll give Judy someone to talk to. Currently, I am vacationing in Israel, so I will have to give the Inn a call when I return stateside.

GEORGE: Geez, I will finally get to meet you. Hmmm, maybe I'll bring my Jackie Stewart along for some firsthand advice!!! Glad you are going to be able to join us. This should be quite a get together.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    I reserved a room (respectfully left the "heart shaped bed special" for Curt). Spoke with Meagan at the Weathervane, she's very nice - and somehow, Brian sweetalked her into a 10% discount for the group - so make those calls.

You get a choice between lake view ($99)/non-lake view($89) and 1st/2nd floor. Otherwise, the rooms are the same.

I'm hoping to arrive in time for dinner Friday.
    Don't worry George... one way or another we'll get you from the airport... maybe with a motorcade of 911s!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Reservation Made...The desk clerk's a Detroit Iron fan, so she gave us use of the heated garage cuz we're drivin' a 57 Chevy. Sorry guys and gals; don't forget the ice scrapers....

Jim
    SWBGRUPPE
    Dues Paid Member #279

Are there any vineyards close to the hotel......then perhaps on Sat. we can do vineyard tour using back roads.

Here you go Dwight, check out this site. It is a list of wineries in the Leelanau area. I particularly like Black Star Farms, but it is about 140 miles from the Inn where we are staying. We need to talk with out tour director to find out if going to this area fits in with his route.

http://www.lpwines.com/wineries.shtml

http://www.blackstarfarms.com/

We would have a hard time getting George out of the Creamery since they make his favorite cheese, raclette.

http://www.blackstarfarms.com/creamery/
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299