Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulse of the club

Pulse of the club

We had our monthly Registry meeting yesterday…

The Anniversary event was a big success … and even put us a few bucks in the black...
    Thank you all for the support and help at the banquet.
    Also for your participation in our fun run… it was a blast.
    … And generally for all the support and participation in the entire Ventura event…
    It was GREAT...

We need help!!!
    We have 4 active board members doing all the things that keep this club running…
    This takes an even greater toll during an event like last months … it’s the same for the R-Gruppe, PCA, POC, and all active clubs.
    We need more people to help with the responsibilities. The requirements are that you be somewhat local to El Segundo CA. for our 4 hour monthly club meetings and be willing to do some work at home for the club. Please let me know if you are willing to help and share the some of the responsibilities.

We are still hovering around 500 paid Registry members with a registered message board participation of 1617.
    This still baffles me.
    If you don’t feel that this information source, quarterly newsletters, club roster, and the sense of community are worth the membership PLEASE tell me what would be.

Also… as far as INCLUSION … Does anyone not get that the Early 911S Registry, in spite of its name, represents ALL things early 911 regardless of distinction… We have stated it in our newsletter’s ‘editor's editorial’, and I have stated it several times on this forum. If anyone does not get that this club represents ALL early 911’s please let me know.

Besides needing help on the board, and needing more members in the club, we seem to be plugging along as we have for the last 10 years here in California and 15 years all together...

If there are other ways you feel we can better serve the Early 911 community PLEASE let me know and we’ll see what we can do… This is your club; please remember we need your help to run it…

Cheers and thanks,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck,

I certainly can't measure the perception of others as it pertains to your comment, ALL things early 911 regardless of distinction… however, I myself, did not join the Registry until I bought the S,simply because I thought ownership was required. I guess that I was wrong, but nevertheless, that was my perception. Come to think of it, I'm not certain that a casual visitor to the Forum would come away with the (here's that word again) perception that the group is all inclusive.

The S Registy has a great name and logo, but I suspect that the name alone is going to make for an uphill struggle to attract the remainder of the long hood crowd. I'm certainly not suggesting that the name be changed, but it's kinda' like owning a German Shepherd and having someone suggest that you join the Rottwieler Owner's Group; "Say What"? Please excuse the lame analogy, but there's probably going to have to be a concerted effort, as opposed to word-of-mouth, in order to demonstrate the "open door policy" to all folks with early cars.

There is a recruitment method used by the three major German Car Clubs, which might be worthy of consideration. In most issues of the BMW Roundel, the PCA has a small ad which reads "Is you other car a Porsche"? One can see the same strategy by BMWCCA in the Panorama. The Benz club does the same sort of thing. Subject to affordability, of course, perhaps Excellence could help us to reach that massive lower extremity of the proverbial iceberg.

Because You Asked,
    Jim
    SWBGRUPPE
    Dues Paid Member #279

Does the club now have a T registry? E registry?

I didn't join until I got a '73 (T) even then thought maybe I was cheating - years ago tho.

Also, a pls join the club msg that goes out with the intial Email to register for the bbs might help.

Jim and Randy,

Thanks for your comments...

Jim,
    I understand your comment would be more in line a while back ...

However, if you had a friend who owned an early 911 T, E, L or whatever, and they where seeking information, advice, counsel or just a place to hang they're early 911 community hat...... where would you send them? Then of course, after getting that information why wouldn't they want to join?...

Randy,
    If I'm not mistaken, we now indeed have a direct membership pop-up or hyperlink when you register for the message board... thanks, I think you suggested that before...

Also about the T, or E registry.... well, if you look at your club roster you will see the ALL club member,s early 911's are listed buy the same information as the S's ... Chassis #, engine#, and as much info as the member is willing to give....

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck,
    I think all early 911's (1965-1973) are unique cars. Whether it's a 911, a 911 T, a 911E or a 911S; I'm happy to have them a part of our group...
    PS. Great time at GAF and nice banquet...
    Rich
    Richard Sutliffe
    #37 or something like that...

six hours away....

or six seconds on the phone. I am willing and able to help, if that helps?

I hate to say it (again), we discussed this near the hotel pool in Ventura last year, the membership fee will need to be increased.

I attempted to shame non-member forum users by instigating a "show your membership number" drive. That attempt made me look as a deek head.

You guys have been running on empty for too long. Some others need to provide time and assistance to this p car community.

I will be honered if asked to help out. #447 Shawn.

edit: that is the only picrure I have of the earlys911reg tent and management crew.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

I would love to help out as well. Being in the Bay Area, I couldn't make any face-to-face meetings very often, but I do have phone/e-mail/fax. How can I assist?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

www.early911registry.com

Have you considered reserving www.early911registry.com and linking it to the existing website? I'm not sure if it is available, but this might be a way to bring in our "T" and "E" friends to the board and all it offers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]-71S

"The 1970-to-1971 2.2-liter S with mechanical fuel injection is the absolute top choice. These 2.2 S engines are short-stroke, high-compression powerhouses without substantial emissions-control clutter, and they have a powerband with gobs of high-rpm torque. With their mechanical fuel injection still intact, they make a spine-tingling shriek as they shoot to redline."

Forbes magazine 7/29/03
    Email: http://picasaweb.google.com/sandiego...eat=directlink

Chuck,

How is it we only have 500 members and I see Registry member #'s listed in the 700+ numbers???
    Dale Thero S Registry # 200

Thanks for your offers and suggestions so far... will be getting in touch

Sweet,

The discrepancy comes with the original club started 5 years before 'we' got it and approximately 100-150 original members (like Paul) had received the first prototype newsletter and somewhat sequential member numbers... most are no longer with the club... In deference to the original members we started our numbering system after those numbers.......... i.e.... I was in the original club only after about 10 months... and I'm # 109 ... Paul jumped on it a little sooner back then and owns #15

Hope this helps,
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter