Thread: Door Pulls?

Door Pulls?

My '72 T Coupe has a molded door pull on the passenger side door panel that runs on an angle from the leading edge of the armrest to the bottom of the window sill moulding. The driver's side, however, doesn't have a matching pull. Is this correct, or is it likely that one of my door panels has been replaced somwhere along the way?
    Cheers!

Frank Kohnen
    Jupiter, FL USA
    Registry Member #921
    1972 Bahia Red 911 Coupe #9112100390..."Rudy" SOLD
    1967 Savannah Beige VW Beetle Sedan #117364457..."Heidi"...aka "Tinker Toy"

I can tell you that my '66 912 is set up exactly the same way. Far's I know that's normal...

cheers
    Adam

It's supposed to back that way, Frank.
    Jim Richards
    Aubergine 1973 911E Sunroof Coupe w/ 2.7RS MFI
    Early 911S Registry Member #589
    GruppeB #911

Ditto what Jim stated. Here's a '73 for you.

Welcome!

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Thanks for the information, guys. Wonder why they desigend them like that?
    Maybe they felt the door pull would somehow interfere with the driving position?

Where can i get a pair of sport seats like that Tom?
    Cheers!

Frank Kohnen
    Jupiter, FL USA
    Registry Member #921
    1972 Bahia Red 911 Coupe #9112100390..."Rudy" SOLD
    1967 Savannah Beige VW Beetle Sedan #117364457..."Heidi"...aka "Tinker Toy"

They come along now and again. Expensive, though. Those were correct 1973 seats that had been totally refurbished. FWIW, a nice alternative are Peter Zwinkakis' replica seats. I love mine. He does a great job and they are what I was using in that car before yanking them to install in my SWB car. I'm only using the driver side for now as most passengers (my wife) are not fond of climbing into the car. It's really pretty easy.

Peter Z's Vintage Seats

Good luck,

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I've seen cars with door pulls on both sides...I assumed the clever owners got the pieces from countries where the steering wheel is on the "wrong" side of the car. But you know, it would have made for a great option...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)