Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: eBay Sales History Thread - 911E

Year: 1971
    VIN Number: 9111210796
    Winning bid: US $8,988.88
    Date sold: Aug-28-07
    Notes: "You are bidding on a 1971 Porsche 911E Targa. The car has a very good body with only a couple rock chips. The engine is a fuel injected 6 cylinder with a 5 speed manual transmision. 4 wheel disc brakes with factory mag rims. I bought the car 5 months ago with the intention of making a convertible conversion. I picked up a 67 GTX project and I don't have money or space for both. I have not had the engine running as it has sat for last 10 years by the previous owner. The last owner said it ran fine before he parked it. It needs a battery, the fuel changed and the injectors cleaned before starting.I (had the engine turning over) Just the body is worth what I have the reserve at which is what I payed for the car. The car is complete.

The engine # is 6135056

So the miles that are showing can't be accurate, as this is not the original engine for the car."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Year: 1969
    VIN Number: 119220289
    Winning bid: US $5,562.00
    Date sold: Sep-02-07
    Notes: "UP FOR AUCTION IS A 1969 911 E WRECKED !!!!! FOR PARTS OR REPAIR.CAR WAS LAST ON THE ROAD IN 2007 , WAS RUNNING AND DRIVING WELL, ENGINE STILL RUNS GREAT.SOLD AS IS WITH NEW YORK CLEAN REGISTRATION"
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 119229255
    Winning bid: US $10,100.00
    Date sold: Sep-10-07
    Notes: "1969 Porsche 911E in need of restoration.All original except for front torsion bars.Needs front suspension pan(included,new in box). Has some rust on RR jack spurr area. Interior is in pretty good condition. Car was running when pulled in shop 2 years ago but leaks oil from return tubes. Has original MFI. Has SSI exhaust. Great car to restore,everything is there. This car was a great looking and driving car 6 years ago when I sold it to a friend of mine who subsequently let it set in in his driveway for the next 4 years. So I bought it back with intentions of rescuing it,unfortunately with 5 cars ahead of it I dont know if I'm going to be around for that to happen."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1973
    VIN Number: 9113210526
    Winning bid: US $34,500.00 (BIN)
    Date sold: Oct-12-07

Relisted and sold on Aug-22-08 for US $17,500.00

Notes: "Wonderful original rust free Arizona 911E Targa

Vin# 9113210526

Engine# 6230579

This car has spent all its life in Sedona AZ and is highly optioned:

full leather interior, factory working a/c, now with rotary compressor, steel front "S" spoiler and alloy "S" brake calipers.

The car is finished in the rare and beautiful signal yellow, one quality repaint, but keeping the original jams. The car comes with files of receipts that show it has been pampered.

The a/c recently had $ 500- overhaul not counting the cost of a new rotary compressor, the engine does not smoke or burn oil and has excellent oil pressure. I just had a $ 1.500- ,engine out, service, including new motor mounts and new powder coated sheet metal throughout.The MFI was replaced years ago with a PMO carb kit and runs very strong.

Don't forget the 911E is not only a rarer machine than the 911S but is also faster from zero to 100 MPH.

The interior is all original except for new carpets and a recovered Targa top, the leather seats have a wonderful patina, the steering wheel is in great condition, the dash has the usual cracks and all the door pockets are all in place.

There is a matching 5th wheel fuchs spare, together with tool kit, jack, owner's manual, and original 911E specific sales brochure and service files are included in the sale.

This is a very very nice car, the paint is exceptional and looks factory original with deep shine."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1973
    VIN Number: 9113201248
    Winning bid: US $40,000.00 (BIN)
    Date sold: Sep-25-07

Relisted and sold for US $62,800.00 on Mar-01-08

Discussed here:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ad.php?t=12410

Notes: "My newly restored 73 E is finished. Time to do another over the winter. This was a bare metal restoration. Paint and body prep was almost $10,000. The car had $14,000 in service performed in September of 03 by the previous owner. Almost $9,000 of this was for a complete engine rebuild (AIM motorsports in Indy). Car has less than 1000 miles from rebuild. Transmission shifts flawlessly, unless you speed shift (slam) from 1st to 2nd. There is absolutely no rust present on the car. engine runs perfectly. The car has a New Headliner along with new German Velour carper. New windshield, complete set new rubber seals and new OEM window trim. New windshield."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1971
    VIN Number: 9111200684
    Winning bid: US $39,500.00 (BIN)
    Date sold: Oct-15-07
    Notes: "I have been working on this car for the past year and a half,the car the car underwent a full bare metal repaint, to it's original color (Bahia Red) the whole car was taken apart and put back with all new hard ware the under coating was re shot in the correct texture.

VIN # 9111200684

Engine # 6211063 Type 911/01

Gearbox # 7116369 Type 911/01

this car features

All matching numbers
    All new bushings
    All new shocks
    all new weather stripping
    sunroof
    leather seats
    New motor and transmission mounts
    New engine sound pad
    Complete rebuild on the engine
    Rebuilt Transmission
    New clutch kit
    All new brake lines (hard and soft)
    All new fuel lines (correct German hoses)
    New carpet kit (inside as well as trunk)
    New head liner
    Perfect dash
    Nice door pockets
    New tire and refurbished fuchs (5)
    Original radio and speaker
    Rechromed seat hinges
    Original owner manual
    Original restored jack"
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 119210210
    Winning bid: US $14,000.00
    Date sold: Oct-15-07
    Notes: "I have owned this 1969 Porsche 911e 5 years and have put only about four thousand miles on it in that time. Low miles are original.

Prior to me, it had been in the same family since the early 70's I was told, passing from father to son, then to the brother-in-law, from whom I purchased it. The original 2.0 engine with Bosch mechanical fuel injection was replaced with a 1973 2.4 "T" MOTOR BUILT TO 1973 2.4 "S" SPECIFICATIONS PRIOR TO MY OWNERSHIP. THE NOTE, PERFORMANCE, APPEARANCE, AND TUNING OF THIS MOTOR IS SUCH THAT EVERY MECHANIC WHO HAS EXAMINED, DRIVEN AND PERFORMED WORK ON THIS CAR WAS SURE IT WAS A TRUE "S" MOTOR. IT WAS NOT UNTIL I PERSONALLY VERIFIED THE ENGINE # 6130046 THAT I REALIZED IT IS, IN FACT, AN EXCELLENTLY CRAFTED "S" REPLICA.

I have been told that Horsepower is in the 220 to 235 range, giving this 911 an impressive 1hp per 10lb. vehicle weight, though I have never put it on a dyno to confirm it. This 911 is very quick. The engine was recently diognosed and proved to be quite strong, Compression is about 150 on 5 cyclinders and about 145 on one. The Webers are dialed in. The engine has the usual leaks all old Porsches do. The transmission is strong, responsive and tight with a short shift kit professionally added under my ownership.

"S" brakes with Highly Polished Fuch wheels. Low Profile Yokohama Tires have about 70% tread.

The paint is strong and shiny with only a few minor chips, original color was green. Professionally added under my ownership are the vintage Bosch rally style fog lamps mated to Bosch H4 motorcycle headlamps which provide a more narrow, focused beam. The front bra is also new and conceals no hidden surprises.

The Targa top has a small tear in it one inch long. It is original and should be re-skinned. The interior is tired but presentable. The front seats and carpet were redone years before I got the car. This Porsche 911 would benefit from a new OEM interior with original German weave carpet. The door and window seals are excellent, as is the glass. The body is very tight - seams are alligned. This Porsche 911 has always been a California car, and is rust free. Rust Free means: You may find some minor discoloration on exposed metal if you look very, very, hard.

The car has one ding in the left rear quarter panel, there when I bought the car. It never bothered me enought to fix it. The passenger window does not roll up.

Underneath, you will find the original pan is solid, but does have some dents. The traction bars (professionally installed) glue the car to the road.

I should add that I recently had my car inspected by a renowned Porsche expert with over 50 years of Porsche only experience, including white-glove concourse judging. He rated my car a strong 6 out of 10 in terms of overall mechanics and appearance. Keep in mind, to him, a 10 car would be contained in a hermetically sealed bag, the engine wrapped in plastic, the car rolled out of a trailer."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

VIN Number: 119200071
    Winning bid: US $3,610.00
    Date sold: Nov-04-07
    Notes: "This car is in fairly good condition but will need a good restoration to be roadworthy...I'll guide you through what I know about the car. This 1969 Porsche 911E shows only 47410 miles on the odometer (which appears untampered with and true to me) and is orange in color with a black interior that is in fairly good shape for a 39 year old classic Porsche. I have a good clear signed title for the car...no waiting for lien release.The brakes on this car are supposed to be the same as the S model (ventilated and thicker than the base model) and it has the highly desirable five spoke alloy wheels with an extra as the spare. The spare has what appears to be the original Michelin 185HR14 tire with the GERMAN lettering on it. It does have some inner wear on the tread so it has been used...may have been rotated out. The wheels are in good shape but the tires will need to be replaced on this car. This was the first year for the Bosch high-pressure mechanical fuel injection (available on this E and the S models) even though this car is a rolling chassis with no motor or transmission (mounts are pictured in front trunk of car). This is important however because all of the wiring still seems to be intact... perfect for a good restoration project. There is some surface rust on the body parts (although they are all solid) and the underside of the car will need some repair...parts to do the majority of it ARE INCLUDED. Inner rocker repair panels, a partially installed trunk pan, and some other items as shown in the parts picture...I am not a Porsche expert so you'll have to decide for yourself what they are. There are a few spots above the rear wheel wells and at the lower rear of the front fenders that are rusted through but nothing major; the trim on the car is average and seems to be fairly complete; the glass all seems to be in good shape and I found no visible cracks in it; the 911E and PORSCHE emblems on the back of the car are gold in color-the front emblem is missing; the interior of the car is in surprisingly good shape though not perfect-there are minor imperfections with the seats with the most noticeable being a pair of 3" holes at the rear of the back left seat lower cushion (close to upper part)-white stuff pictured on back seats wipes off; carpet needs replaced; driver mirror glass is broken; trim appears to be mostly complete inside as well as outside the car. I have tried to capture as much of the car as possible in the pictures along with the included parts for it...if it's not pictured don't count on getting it! The front bumper was removed when I purchased it (probably for transport to prevent damage from coming off the trailer?) and is only hanging on the car for pictures. I know there are things I have forgotten to include so message me and I will try to post them to the ad with my limited Porsche knowledge-tech info came from Dean Batchelor's PORSCHE BUYER'S GUIDE. Rear window has defroster in it."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1970
    VIN Number: 9110200744
    Winning bid: US $4,938.00
    Date sold: Nov-26-07
    Notes: "VEHICLE HAS BEEN GARAGED FOR 18 YEARS. ENGINE REBUILT W/ "S" PISTONS/CYLS, TIMING CHAINS, CARRERA TENSIONERS, NEW MAIN BRGS. ROD BRGS & INJECTION PUMP O/HAULED W/ "S" 3-D CAM HAVE 10K MILES ON PREV REPAIR. STAINLESS BRAKE HOSES, FRONT ALLOY S CALIPERS. AUTOPOWER ROLL BAR. 5 TRANS W/SHORT GEARS FOR ROAD COURSES. CARRERA REAR ROLL BAR, ADJUSTABLE FRONT ROLL BAR. WHEELS: FRT 6X16, REAR 7X16 FUCHS. RACARO DRIVER'S SEAT. ,73 ON OIL TANK & COOLER. THE REAR TRAILING ARMS HAVE BEEN UPGRADED TO THE LATER ALUMINUM ARMS."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Year: 1970
    VIN Number: 9110210209
    Winning bid: US $17,000.00 (BIN)
    Date sold: Nov-26-07
    Notes: "1970 911E Targa in nice original condition.

This car runs and drives GREAT. We drove it this summer from New Jersey to Vermont and back without any problem whatsoever. The 2.2 liter engine pulls strong and does not smoke.

There is absoultly no indication of a past repaint so what you see is what you get (unlike many "Repaint" cars where major flaws are hidden). It is fine for driving now and is an excellent foundation for a future restoration. Many items are new such as Shock Absorbers, Filters, Weltmeister Hydro Stops, Alternator, Fuel Pump, Oil Return Tubes, Valve Cover Gasktes, Etc. All receipts are included.

The Targa offers the safety of a full rollbar while still being able to enjoy a wind-in-the-hair top off driving experience.

Please review the photos. They tell the story. With the exception of some rust in the door strike area, (see photos, replacement panels are readily available) the car is essentially rust free. The engine did leak oil but that has been addressed with the new oil return tubes and silicone valve cover gaskets.

Although I cannot guarantee it, the included service documentation suggests that the displayed mileage is accurate.

The car did recieve Ziebart Rustproofing while new. (documented).

Expect wear commensurate with the age and you will not be disappointed. This is not a show car. While the paint is tired, it does shine up nicely. The interior is in good condition. The trunk is clean. Some of the rubber body seals have deteriorated a bit due to age and could use replacing. The Targa top is recovered.

I had the A/C compressor and condenser removed from the engine compartment. (There is a leak in the condenser). All parts for the air conditioning system are included should you choose to ressurect it. I never missed it."
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa