Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Beam Headlights above Front Bumper?

See Pelican for electrical wiring diagrams:http://www.pelicanparts.com/911/911_...l_diagrams.htm
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

High Bean Headlights above the Bumper

Steve G.:

Would you post a picture or two of the relay and wiring on your car? I'm trying to install "above the bumper headlamps" as close to OEM as possible, so I'd like to see the wiring pattern and colors that were used.

Thanks.

By the way, for others Pelican carries a relay base/harness that may be useful for this application, and is OEM although I don't believe specifically for this application (not part # 911 612 073 00). I'm going to talk with Stoddard to determine if the original harness is still available.

Thanks
    1973 911E - Viper Green
    1973 911T - Light Ivory, becoming Glacier Blue RS

I know its an old thread...but my 73 with the driving lights have a separate switch, but is wired so that they only activate with the high beams. I asked Dr K. about it, and it said this setup was typical on the Euro cars with driving lights.

I've attached a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Perry

S Registry #326
    58 Glockler Speedster
    62 Roadster
    73 Carrera RS #0049
    95 993 C4 3.8
    14 Cayman

As a '69S owner with the same COA option, I am almost positive that the driving lights were only actuated by the high beams only. Unfortunately my car came to me without the driving lights, so I have to reinstall them. That said, my car had no separate switch in it, either. I have since added the mentioned secodary switch, but just for my Cibie driving lights.

As far as the relays go, these are just a modernization to the car's wiring and provide added safety by allowing you to run more modern (higher wattage) bulbs and decreasing electrical fire risk. Everyone should add relays to their lighting systems to take the current out of the light switches (which invariably leads to failure due to the high electrical load).
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389