Thread: Hella 118's

Hella 118's

I bought some Hella 118's through the horn grill. Since its not a kit I will need to do the installation from scratch. Any advice and/or pictures of installs out there. Wiring schematics will help too.

Thanks
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Can I tie these lights to my high beam circuit?
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Hi Mike,

Are they fogs or long range? If fogs, you'll want to wire them through a seperate dash switch. I know the fog wiring should be tied up in with your existing harness for your front turn signals and under the dash. If long range, they should be wired to operate with your high beams. I haven't looked into what it would take to run them with high beams yet.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

They are fogs.
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Mike:
    The wire is already in the turnsignal wiring harness. Look for a white with green stripe. The two wires should attach to fuse #8 in fuse box 2. I could not find the fog light switch in the 73.5 wiring diagram.
    Bill Cilker, Jr.
    Gold 72 911S
    31 Ford Model A
    PCA, Early S Registry (#98) & RGruppe (#272)
    Rotarian

Just one wire per each lamp?

I then should wire from fuse #8 to a relay then to a switch? If a relay is need do I need to purchase one?

Thanks for your help

Mike
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

I'm no wiring expert, but evidently there is a harness for the factory USA fogs.
    Mine were factory installed, so I've never messed with them. Function is a dash pull switch. Pull the switch, a light shines through the green fogs emblem. The fogs work only when the headlights are on low beam. I don't think they help me see in the fog, but they might make the car more visible to others.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)