Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best way to sell

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by mike walker
    I've bought five cars on ebay.... This time I went to this board and bought a car from a member (Eric Linden) and I know the car will not be misrepresented.
    Have you gotten the car yet???

PS (And this has nothing to do with Eric who I believe has an honorable reputation on this board ) - I am leary of buying a car from a guy who has more than one of them, because logic dictates he will sell the one he likes the least - and when he has more than one of the same car, he will most likely "borrow" the best parts from one(s) he is sellling to donate to the one(s) he is keeping....

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    Have you gotten the car yet???

PS (And this has nothing to do with Eric who I believe has an honorable reputation on this board ) - I am leary of buying a car from a guy who has more than one of them, because logic dictates he will sell the one he likes the least - and when he has more than one of the same car, he will most likely "borrow" the best parts from one(s) he is sellling to donate to the one(s) he is keeping....
    I'm confused....honorable reputation and then accuse me of swapping parts.....!! I would love to have words with you offline...but since you would like to do this "online" so be it! Find ONE person who I have "screwed".....at ANYTIME in the past! I've ADDED parts to this car to make it "whole" for the buyer! It had US lights, and I added H-4's, it had an incomplete toolkit, and I completed it, it was missing one door pocket, and I added it, the car came with the original stock wheel, and I changed it to a 380mm wheel, and Mike's getting it. Rear turn signal lenses were swapped to make correct.... Mike wanted a set of Fuchs, so I sold him a very nice set for $750 (does that seem high to you.....since you are suddenly an arbiter of what's right and what's wrong?). All flaws in the car were disclosed, a full set of pics was sent....

AND JUST SO EVERYBODY KNOWS I DIDN'T TAKE A SINGLE ITEM FROM THE CAR....NOTHING WAS SWAPPED!!!!

The original pictures sent to Mike were taken this last summer.....and the car hadn't been touched...so he's free to call me with any rants or dissapointments....and if he doesn't like anything, I'll make him whole.

Feel free to call me to discuss.... or email me. Work # is 206 632-5158, cell is 206 321-2960. elinden@earthlink.net etc. etc.

"regards"

Eric

Eric, "In it for the bucks alone" definitely does NOT apply to you. Paul
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Dumb logic !

To Eric and the rest of the guys,
    I just opened up my PM box and received a message from Eric, who was clearly very upset. I couldn't understand why until I just re-read my posting. Now I realize the reason.

Just for the record, I did not in any way mean to infer that Eric was a hustler, or untrustworthy in any way. My posting above stated, "I am leary of buying a car from a guy who has more than one of them, because logic dictates he will sell the one he likes the least - and when he has more than one of the same car, he will most likely "borrow" the best parts from one(s) he is sellling to donate to the one(s) he is keeping...."

When I wrote "guy", I didn't mean Eric. I meant the word "guy" generally, as in a person who I didn't know. I can now see how my statement could be construed to mean Eric though who I have mistakenly offended. Therefore, my apologies to Eric for this inference which was wholly unintended.
    I still believe in what I said about being leary of these types of sellers as a rule. However, Eric would definitely an exception to that rule! In fact, when I said "Have you gotten the car yet?" I was joking, as indicated by the eyeroll smilie...

For the record, I have never bought anything from Eric, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so as his reputation on this board and his knowledge of the early 911's is well documented here. In fact, I was interested in buying a 2.4S which he was selling about 2 months ago. I decided against it, not beacuse of any question I had about Eric, but rather my concern about the time, energy and patience needed to restore it properly. One of the main reasons I considered buying it at all was because Eric would have been one of the few persons I would have trusted to send the money to without the extra hassle of having to fly out to west coast and do the deal in person and do my due diligence on the car.
    I have a 67, and I consider Eric one of only a handful of people who know and appreciate the early 911 cars well enough to trust as real source of knowledge on the SWB's.

Again, my humble apologies Eric. The slight was completely unintentional.
    Can I go crawl under my rock now?

It's the nature of the internet - people can misinterpret what you type, and without the benefit of voice or body language, misunderstandings happen all the time.

Just unfortunate that both sides were tossed into one statement. Sounds like a humble apology to me. Group hug ok?
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Group hug

so Eric....

I guess you won't be selling gruen any parts for his 67 s in the near future.

Eric, don't let this ruin your taste buds for T-day...

For the record I hunted out Eric he did not hunt out me. I asked him to help me find a car. After looking for a 72S I decieded I couldn't afford the current market prices and started looking for T's. Eric had his driver and I bought it. He was honest and straight forward. Yes I made my decision based on pictures and Erics reputation. I don't have time to fly around and tire kick. He went out of his way to make the car correct and added the fuchs and other items mentioned above. The reason I came to this board to purchase my car is that the core group of guys police the early 911. I would trust any of you to sell me a car. You pride yourselfs in your hobbie and I respect that.
    Now I'm saving my money for that 72S.
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue