Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best way to sell

My 2 cents, and i am not not in favor or defending any one, but i think that once you put up your P for sale, and some one like Jason comes to buy it, and i must say he does have a very good reputation from the people that have dealt with him (Pelican), i have just exchanged questions with him, no assosiation to him, we should expect the car to go back in the market, be there in the states or here in europe, free enterprise, well if the transaction went this smoth and deff both parties agree , that they were nice to deal with, its ashame to have a tad of rubbing afterwards, Dmcummins, posts a lot and he too seems to be very nice guy ,so best thing is sell it and never look back, un less the guy who bought it is decieving the new owner. Then i think it should be brought out to light. Its how well some one represents the car. Now guys shake hands

I agree it was a smooth transaction and that Jason could do what he wanted to with the car. He made it plain what he did for a living. I just have a problem with "everything is talk without documentation". While I know this is true, I didn't want Bill or some others thinking I had sold the car claiming it was a 112k original mile car. I am sure any buyer of a 30+ year old car would take that with a grain of salt, but that was what bugged me.

It really is none of my buisness and Im sorry I brought it up.
    72S targa (sold)
    73t coupe
    71t coupe (project car)
    Gruppe B #057

Jason, it's none of my business what you share with prospective buyers, and I don't think you were way out of line on the ad, it was just a bit too sugar coated for my tastes. But you're in the business to make money, so I can understand some of it. That said, you may find how Mark and myself found it just a little annoying to see it on the open market with a claimed 2 owner history, 112K original miles, implied California car, etc... you know, we're both thinking whoa, where'd that come from!

In the end though, none of that really matters without documentation on these cars and I think it sold for fair market value.

Indignation, hurt feelings, deception, flippers....

DEALER: Person who buys low and sells higher.
    FLIPPER: Person who uses deceit to buy and sell.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Nice guy.. bad guy.. sweet guy.. whatever. That is simply the persona someone presents himself to be. I have met some very nice and honest dealers. Some of the most unpleasant people I have met have turned out to be angels. A LOT of the charmers have turned out to be total rats.

The best thieves are the charming ones. I have met a couple that adore "getting" people in law enforcement because it is such a wonderful con.

Mr Cullen may have a great reputation and sell nice stuff and that is great, BUT .... If you read all this and the info on the 2 ads.. You understand that 1/he had to make a pretty nice profit. How much does a complete MFI setup go for? Compare costs of nice Recaro Sports vs stock seats? How about 4 nice 7x15s vs 6x15s? You do the math. On the other hand the profit and reselling is no big deal. That is not what is bothering the seller BUT we don't need to feel sorry for Mr.Cullen over his lack of profit.

Of course, anyone here should be able to figure out that the engine number is from a 73 and not a 72. We who know can take that as a WARNING that all the seller is presenting is not correct [that is a nice way of saying ..."untruthful".. or "lacking good ethics" or ":Full of s---" or however you want me to say it. If he had posted the same info on this list or the S, then I would take it personal and make sure of "outing" him. If I had sold this car to him and he then MISREPRESENTED it [exactly what he did]- in the details I would also take offense for the same reasons our fellow enthusiast did.

Why, oh why, do I get the feeling that if the new owner had cared about the ownership history and location the "incorrect" information might have been blamed on the PO?

Now, Jason, don't bother slamming me. I could care less. I personally wish all the flippers would choke on their lies and die. Yes, I yearn for the old days when everyone lost money on their prized cars and USED and loved them. Actually I hope you flippers out there buy all the expensive cars up and hang onto them for the profit to go further up.. so you all will get STUCK with when as the prices sink. [YES, it WILL happen. It has finally started now with RE and these high car prices will follow when there is no profit to be made.] Then maybe you will go elsewhere to hustle money. I will also lose money, of course, on my RS but I didn't buy it to flip and I really don't care how much it will be worth in the future. You see, I actually really LIKE these cars and don't look at them as a means of making a quick buck. I am sure I speak for others and the webmaster might not like me for saying this but someone not directly involved needs to speak out.

I would have kept my mouth shut if he had not suggested to the seller that he had the RIGHT to present whatever DECEPTION he wants but he juiced up the saleability and staus of that car with his untruth statements. That certainly lacks ethics. Had he said nothing.... I would have a much higher opinion of him... The suggestion he presented that there is more to the story implies that he might have had a genuine reasson to say what he did and in the middle of his statement he slides into meaningless garbage nothing.... So take it for what it is worth.

GUYS, I want to thank you for "outing" the flippers here. Remembe the guy who bought that 356 as a prized posession fixer and everyone loved him.....until they realized what he was up to? Then he got really outrageous and angry for being exposed for exactly what he was? I do give Cullen credit for not playing it that way BUT I give him NO credit for his implication that he has every right to play with the truth and being hurt that they minded.

I mind too.

John Rice

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Cullen
    For all I know you are the second owner at the time of purchase.

Nothing means anything without a paper trail on these early cars.
    Why didn't you put that in the ebay ad? Instead you state "original" mileage, two-owner "'private' early 911 collector" history. For all you know, the car may have been built by Ferry Porsche himself. Why didn't you put that in the ad?

"I personally wish all the flippers would choke on their lies and die."

- bears repeating. Thanks, John Rice, for that post (a tad extreme, but right on the essentials).

If you don't care about these cars, then you don't deserve to own one -- even for a few days. Go away, pigs.

Mark, John, Randy, Platas, Bill, Reed!

Gentleman,

You guys are great! Everything is very very well noted Thank you!

John – I need to teach you how to distinguish 15s from 16s.

My apologies toward the entire board if I offended anyone – Nor was this the goal.

You are all correct in many views!

Bill, again Thank you!

This car, though it is awesome, was a challenge to market. Yes I did fine for my time and investment, as I mentioned "Thank you Mark for the deal".

John, I respect what I have learned about you online and appreciate your integrity and your passion. The reality is there is “No Truth” on any car without documentation to substantiate anyone’s claims on the car. Except it is a 72 Targa with a 73 Motor and No Rust I could find.

The car went for 22.5K - We all know what a 72 Brings with a correct motor, far greater $

The buyer got a deal. He sells the 73 motor for $5k plus, has a 72 Motor ready to go with MFI. Add paint and he has a $40k car in Europe.

The car is what the car is.

For those who know me, I provide great deals on used parts and specialize in Wheel and Interior restoration. You will find that I have “Never” burned a Buyer or Seller.

Randy – I have 1 plus years in my 73S Restoration, documented and not for sale! Its cool if you have to bag. Sure you meant “Own” one not “Won” one.

I appreciate everything noted. Again, my apologies if offended.

Thank you,
    Jason Cullen
    I drive a 911 Daily
    European Motorcars, LTD
    www.euromotorsltd.com
    jason@euromotorsltd.com
    Tel: 408-210-0113

John,

I, too, love Porsche 911's. I gave up a 16 year hospitality career in Hotel Management earning way more money than I make doing this. This is my childhood dream come true.

Thank you,
    Jason
    I drive a 911 Daily
    European Motorcars, LTD
    www.euromotorsltd.com
    jason@euromotorsltd.com
    Tel: 408-210-0113

J.R.? Thanks...you expressed my feelings better than I could. Any time you need somebody to go to Portland to check out a P.O.S. "S" Targa, lemme know. But hey, I won't "lose" a dime on my car when the bubble breaks. I'm not selling...I might decide to give it away when I'm too old to drive it, but I'm not selling. No way to lose or gain if you are a true enthusiast, IMHO. Those in it for the bucks alone? Regardless of a bank account balance, IMHO, they're ALL losers!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

ebay

I've bought five cars on ebay, burnt on one, 69S, that I didn't bother to go look at and the rust was worse than described. This time I went to this board and bought a car from a member (Eric Linden) and I know the car will not be misrepresented. In the future when I buy another, I will do the same. I realize doing it this way I will not get a steal but I know I will get a good car at market price. If I decide to sell a car I will put it on this board for the same reasons. Ebay buyers beware, "images are closer than they appear".
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue