Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beware,beware

Beware,beware

It's come to my attention that Glenn Kurrus (paradise garage) is using an e-bay listing agent to place his cars on e bay.please be aware that glenn has had numerous legal problems in regard to the sale of cars,recently he had to pay court ordered restitution to a client.he has had several felonies that were pleaded down,currently he has been evicted by court order which he is appealling.Recently he was served by the state's attorney general;It's been some time since I LAST POSTED ABOUT HIM,I thought it was time again.believe nothing he says throughtly check out anything to do with him

Thanks Frank,

I spoke to him regarding that blue 71T for quite some time. He sure sounded legit. I actually placed a bid on that car and was outbid....Thankfully it would seem. While we were speaking he put a guy on the phone with me that he claimed was John Fitch. I was convinced all he was telling me was the "real deal" This helps to illustrate what a crap shoot buying cars from a description only can be. Buyer beware.

This board has become the "go-to" resource for all things early P. I am amazed and thankful for this and for all of you..........

Happy Thanksgiving.

Chris
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Once againg Frank thank you,
    you would think that an ebay agent woould check this out or some one should alert ebay, since the real person selling the car is, not too honest , this is great for us spacially when oyu live abroad, this is basically the best source of info whith these type of individuals.
    thank s

Con man

Chris,

Con men like Glen have a lot of skill in being a con,nice smile,low key voice.
    John Fitch is an old man of 88 yrs,it didn't know he was part of Glen's con;for your info he use to tell people that he founded the early 911s registy.He is always using someone selse to pump up his image,next time ask him what the tel# for the resident trooper of the town is ,to ask for a reference..see how he handles that.THERE WERE SEVERAL POSTINS OF HIS ACTIVITIES IN THE PAST POSTINGS..........RUN,RUN,RUN, DON'T LOOK BACK

A search on John Fitch in this bbs turns up nothing negative about him. (?)
    On the contrary, he seems to have had quite a storied career.

Could your pronouns be pointing to the other guy???

Randy,
    I believe Frank is saying that John Fitch is an 88 year old man who was being used. The con artist is apparently Glen Kurrus, who was using John Fitch (an unknowing victim).

I hate when they take advantage of older folks, or any one for that matter

Guys,

To be clear, I spoke to Glen about the car he was selling, and during that conversation he put another guy on the phone to say Hi to me. Glen stated that the guy was John Fitch, one of the team drivers of that ugly crash in Monaco many years back. I was in no way implying that John Fitch had anything to do with the sale, merely that he was being introduced as one of Glen's customers, and happened to be in the shop at that time of my call.

I was totally hooked, and frankly believed everything I was being told. I'm telling you, Franks original post, "BEWARE, BEWARE" is a warning to all of us who want to believe everything we are being told on the other end of the line. It's very dangerous to believe what your being told about a car thousands of miles away, that you cannot see up close and personal. I will absolutely NOT buy a car I cannot see, unless I know I am speaking to someone I know and trust, or I have someone PPI the car, that I know and trust.

Hope you are all doing well this post Thanksgiving day.

All the best.....

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Dirtbag

John Fitch is a perfect gentleman! Glen Kurrus is a dirt bag!!!Glen was using John because there's nothing good he has to offer about himself.Previous post were about Kurrus and PARADISE GARAGE;AS MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD KNOW I own the property that Glenn RENTS,AND HAS BEEN EVICTED

Just to give everyone who cares some perspective, John Fitch lives very close to the Paradise Garage. He is the ultimate gentleman and car guy.