Thread: Is it possible ?

Ready for the Hunaudières manu72S's Avatar

Is it possible ?

Hello,

Is it possible that this coupe can have this chassis number ?

911 S 1972 chassis number

regards
    Manu

Yes, VIN is correct - an early '72 RHD S built in the latter part of 1971 & used as the 1971 Motor Show exhibit in October '71.

The car is owned by Nigel Bishton here in the UK & was recently featured in Total 911 magazine in a comparison with a '72 246 Dino.
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Ok Andy,

but I thought that 2.5 ST have got a chassis numbers between 911230 (0041 - 0047) ?

Manu

Those were factory cars..
    As a private customer you could order (modify your S) anywhere from mild to full Highbutterfly , fender flared form. Its estimated that there were approx. 100 cars built for sports purpose between 70-72 .

Robert Gross

Robert,

I'm agree with you , but would it be possible for a ST factory car to have a sunroof ? I considered factory cars were used only for races. Have got some informations about the others six cars ?

Manu

Yes,,, sunroof was possible, power windows as well..

Robert.

Hello , sorry for resurrecting this post . I am looking for information about the "st" and private constructions based on 911s Would you know give me a source ?

maybe even a targa - gentleman racers in that day - dress shoes with coveralls - why not ! hardly real racing machines - sunroof sure - heck if you wanted AC don't know why not
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser