Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 68S at European Classic

68S at European Classic

Who was the fool that bought the red 68S at European classics? Iam sure they wont fess up, but if they need an expert witness I am available.

Too bad the roof was clipped on that one. Do you know when that was done? Was it done during the latest restoration or long ago?
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

That was a three minute inspection, I walked up to the car with Kent Moore, I was giving him some dual on what to look for, I saw the sunroof drains in the wrong place for a 68, looked at the seams on the a,b,c pillars that had been molested, unzipped the headliner and saw the original green roof on the car that was an original red car. The owner saw what was happening right away and ran off, he claimed before I looked at it that he personally restored the car himself, he lost the pictures when his hard drive crashed and said the previous owner didnt want to talk to anyone about the car. Once he saw that I had his BS figured out in 10 seconds he ran to the back of the shop and would not even speak to me, then he called up St. Peter who saw this whole thing go down and said I was an "arrogant *******". Who ever bought this car needs to return it and get there money back, the sunroof install was poor at best in an unsafe manner, they cut the roof off at the pillars for christ sake.....they didnt even try to just replace the skin of the roof which would be at least acceptable. The owner is willing to commit fraud, and misrepresent the car, but somehow I am the "*******" who called him out. Iam sure he would perfer to keep this quiet, then he should have been more PC when I was at his place and play dumb. People need to wake up, these cars at over $50,000 need to be looked at by qualified people. This car had been looked at by several people and they thought it looked great. This car at one time looked like the Pontiac the Jackie Gleason was driving in Smokey and the Bandit when the roof was ripped off when he went under the truck with Junior. I hope the new owner of this car figures it out, in addition I saw a similar case like this that was an arms length transaction between multiple states, and it turned into mail fraud, a federal offense.

Boy, remind me when we get home to smack your mama for buyin this car!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Dude you rock, I cant believe you found that photo, beer for you at Sonoma.

Excellent visual!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by schmidt
    Dude you rock, I cant believe you found that photo, beer for you at Sonoma.
    Its a Deal!
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Are those sport seats?

Who was the fool that bought the red 68S at European classics?
    Can you please share where this car was offered?

Thanks, Richard

European classics in Costa Mesa. I heard the car had sold, I hate to see people taken advantage of, I hope it went back to Europe. Let them sort it out.