Thread: Thanks for the recommendation...

Thanks for the recommendation...

On recommendation of some of the members local to me, I entrusted my newly acquired car to Tony Gelace at TLG in No Hollywood.

The car needed a once over for a full service and some minor issues that needed addressing. I also had a pair of GTS Rallye STs to be installed along with some "modern" retracting seat belts (thanks JB!).

Tony went through the car, adjusted valves, carbs, changed fluids etc., removed the shortshifter and reinstalled the stocker among other things. He then welded proper seat belt anchor points and put the seats in.

The car came back almost transformed. The seats and useable shifter now allowing me to really use the car comfortably. It's running superbly with no hiccups and pulls like a turbine--in a short sprint this morning a new (V8) M5 couldn't shake me.

When I dropped the car off, I didn't even ask for an estimate and the final bill was certainly more than reasonable. Tony recommended some improvements that we'll work on in the future and sent me out with encouragement to "just drive it".

I'll certainly be going back. Thanks for the recommendation.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

I'm so glad that you now know what many of us already know. Tony's the man!!!

I actually saw your car the other day when I went by the shop. Very nice!!! The seats look great, and the seat belt anchor points are a work of art. I was there when he was tuning and balancing the carbs.....the motor sounds strong. You should enjoy many years of enjoyment in your new ride. Look forward to meeting you some time soon.

A group of us are going out to Willow Springs next Wed. 12/14 for a day on the big track. Swing by if you'de like to say hi.

Good luck and happy driving. I'm glad the recommendation worked out.

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Hey Steve. Glad you liked our work. You have a great car and I'm sure you'll enjoy it far more than your 996.

One thing, though. Our last name is Gerace, not Gelace.

All the best and hopefully we'll see you out at Willow next Wednesday.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Not sure where I got the L from...Apologies! Guess the guys in the know know, right!

Thanks for the invite to the track. Any other day and I'd be all over that. We have my company Holiday Party which is an afternoon at Dromo One Kart track in Anaheim. I have a title to defend! Please keep me updated on any other Willow days.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD