Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So What happened?

So What happened?

The thread that used to be here about a black "'73 RS" just vanished. Like the thread never happened. I find that interesting in it's own right, considering $200K paid was mentioned...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

My research said it was a great car. $200K + is what a good car brings in Europe why not USA. If anyone get the real selling price please share.

Joe

Your not powerful enough to have post removed or use bad enough lauguage. Dont worry about it. It does not concern you. I think someone used bad lauguage on the thread so it was pulled.

I believe it sold for $215,000.
    Mark
    Early 911S Registry # 351
    Rgruppe # 247

The ebay listing for this car is still there. #4597071911 Maybe the RS book says the numbers are right, but ARE they? VIN plates aren't that hard to replace, or even replicate. I'm also puzzled because I've never seen an RS, even a touring, loaded with such weight adding features like air, power windows, power antenna, etc. Anybody here with the RS book care to comment? Like I said on the "vanished" post, I'm sure glad it wasn't MY $200K! And Schmidt??? It concerns me...why shouldn't it?
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Yes, can I help you, Paul, what would you like to know?

Black RS

so what was the VIN on this RS?
    Rufus73S
    Member #231

578 578 578 578

Quote Originally Posted by schmidt
    Yes, can I help you, Paul, what would you like to know?
    Was the deck lid correct cause it seems to have a shape I'm not familiar with. The question had been brought up in the previous deleted thread. It might have been answered in that thread but, I don't know. It was ummm...deleted.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by schmidt
    Its a real aluminum base. It has had some repair work done that will need to be repaired properly. Iam a little suprised at the internet evaluations of this car by people that should not be judging a car especially based on internet photos. Jens for example was more than willing to give a internet PPI on the car even after he watched in horror as I did a proper PPI on a car he previously inspected and though was an all original paint car. My inspection quickly found a replaced used green hood on an orange car with fingerprints in the paint exposing the original viper green and average repaint work down the passenger side of the car. And Paul seems to be making claims that the car is a fake although in nearly 15,000 post here and on Pelican he has offered little relevent technical prowess. If someone has a question about an engine in a 65 911 Paul will almost certainly post a photo of his 72 engine that has nothing to do with the question followed by something like "dunno, but this in mine in my original 50,000mi car and I wont sell it or trade it for nothin". It would be nice if the responses could be well developed and thoughout before false, misleading, or irrelevent information is given.
    Jeff you may not like the response I've been thinking of giving...