Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by schmidt
    Iam a little suprised at the internet evaluations of this car by people that should not be judging a car especially based on internet photos.....And Paul seems to be making claims that the car is a fake although in nearly 15,000 post here and on Pelican he has offered little relevent technical prowess.....It would be nice if the responses could be well developed and thoughout before false, misleading, or irrelevent information is given.
    EXACTLY! And well put Jeff. And to answer to $64,000 question...I DELETED THE THREAD. I started this thread with a question regarding a completely different car! An RS that was for sale in San Francisco for over $200K. An RS that MANY of us are familiar with, so I posted its 'resurfacing.' I thought it was pretty funny. Then somebody, I can't remember who, hi-jacked the thread, by posting a link to the Black RS on EBAY. And it off it went.

I'M SURE that if Dick wanted his newly acquired RS discussed AD NASEUM by a bunch of people have never seen it, he would have posted it himself, for the world to comment on....

And the discussions and comments on the price? Well, that's between the seller and the buyer, nobody else's opinion matters, at least that's my opinion. So, I deleted my first post, since the thread had spun WAY off topic, and by deleting the first post, the thread went away...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Its a real aluminum base. It has had some repair work done that will need to be repaired properly. Iam a little suprised at the internet evaluations of this car by people that should not be judging a car especially based on internet photos.
    THanks for answering Jeff. Was the repair the reason why the left edge looked different? It does look markedly different even in the internet photos.

And in all fairness, even though the original RS thread was hijacked with the black RS listing, it was posted before it was bought or Jeff travelled to TX for the PPI, no? Many cars are discussed by many on this board and opinions are given (some more spirited than others). I guess that it's OK to do as long as the buyer or seller is not a regular? Hey, that reminds me, whatever was the outcome of Frank Gs 67 houndstooth question?

What's your opinion Jeff?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Iam not trying to be rude, and I think all of us including myself need to try to keep the reponses as relevant at possible. We all like to chit chat about irrelevant stuff and I think this cheapens the site. Iam working myself to keep my personality out of the forum and my knowedge in it, obviously it tough.

Michael, I cant remember on that one with the hounds tooth, I think it was correct, Iam sure. Actually the black RS was in my posession before the thread was started. I was in Laredo hours after the Ebay listing, several other buyers where on the way from around the world so timing was critical.

Your not powerful enough to have post removed or use bad enough lauguage. Dont worry about it. It does not concern you. I think someone used bad lauguage on the thread so it was pulled.
    FWIW:

I think my vulgar Spanish is pretty good and I can string together a really nice one for you in English if preferred.

BTW, nobody knows it all. None of us. A few would like us to think they know it all, but it ain't so. To admit not knowing beats "smoke" any day of the week with me.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I agree Tom admitting not knowing "let me see if I what I can figure out" attitude is the sign of knowledge. It shows a willingness to learn.

Jeff,

I note with interest that another MET (Mexico Tourist Car I assume) was built to exactly the same specs as the black one its # 599 both with LSD etc etc etc and both with black headliner or at least so the "bible" says.

An English RHD in the same black/red colour scheme sold out here last year for $215,000 Aussie and it wasn't optioned like these cars nor as good I suspect.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Ellis
    so what was the VIN on this RS?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Unhappy

Nice Jeff.

I was simply commenting on the info and photos offered in the listing. This forum's members do that all the time. When the question is asked on the forum, "Whaddya think of this one?", we all chime in on the obvious (or not so obvious) bits o' clues that the pics or numbers offer. You do it too and we are all the more informed because of your input. It's what we do. Me? I'm as dumb as a brick.

I said the black car checked out as far as numbers are concerned, but that the ducktail shape didn't/doesn't look right to me and some other little things. That's all. Other folks blasted the car as a scary beast, not me. Maybe you got pissed off at them and decided to blast me for it. Why the animosity? I'm sorry for that. I'm actually a fairly decent guy.

Jens

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183