Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally okay to throw $$$ into that "non-original-hot-rod-driver"?

I have a 1973 911T. Who wants to drive a 130 hp car? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Early 911 S Registry #2701
    930 powered 1973 911T

Quote Originally Posted by getz View Post
    I have a 1973 911T. Who wants to drive a 130 hp car? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    My sentiments.

So I'm just finishing up a 'gentleman's hot rod' that has a stock 3.2 with matching 8:31 trans. When that gets old, there is 1.) Steve Wong chip and 2.) 7:31 trans

Fear No Civic
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Quote Originally Posted by super9064 View Post
    The number is more like $300K.... you would think 200k would be the crazy number, but sadly no. Wish I had 300K with nothing else to spend it on.
    So, I spent about three hours at Singer last week, they had about a dozen cars in various stages of completion plus they had a build board with at least two dozen in the pipeline. The build quality and attention to detail was just amazing. To quote Ferris Bueller " If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up" .

Actual pricing $350-500K
    Last edited by super9064; 03-08-2014 at 05:16 AM.
    Rob Abbott

My sentiments.

So I'm just finishing up a 'gentleman's hot rod' that has a stock 3.2 with matching 8:31 trans. When that gets old, there is 1.) Steve Wong chip and 2.) 7:31 trans

Fear No Civic
    I had Jeff Gamroth pick out some custom gears to fit match the 915 better with the turbo motor. Once I get going I am always on boost. It is sooo much fun.
    Early 911 S Registry #2701
    930 powered 1973 911T

82 SC Hot Rod

I wanted to build a lightweight 911 hot rod for myself but a client of mine saw it and purchased it mid way through the project. It started out as an 82 SC with a bad motor and ended up like this. Theres a lot more than $30k in it though but it was built to his wishes. It was like checking the option (or option delete) boxes at the dealership.

2050 lbs, 220 hp, sounds great, a blast to drive, a simple/pure 911 but yet still comfortable enough to take it on long cruises.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images      

That color takes my breath away. Is it a 356 paint code? And the rest of the car is fantastic. How on earth do you get an SC to under 2100#
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

The color was discovered on my paint bench with the owner looking over my shoulder. I started with a grey, added a bit of this, and a bit of that until he liked it. I then did a spray out on a piece of a fender so he could live with it for a few weeks. I decided it should be a little more toward to blue side so I added more of that tint for the final color. We call it "Blitzkrieg Blue" ha. I'm not sure if it's close to a 356 color, but it has that period correct tone to it.

As far as removing weight, we started by removing all the undercoating and sound deadening. I cut off every little piece of metal, brackets, etc. that wasn't absolutely necessary for it to go, stop, or effect the drivability. I drilled a few holes here and there, added some fiberglass parts, lightweight carpet, battery, etc. Any wiring that was not utilized was removed from the harness. The car weighed in at 1968 lbs as you see it without fluids.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Looks beautiful David....did you retain the 82 front slam panel? And is the hood fiberglass with a mid latch?

The hood, fenders, and bumpers are glass. I did retain the front panel but had to cut it to fit the oil cooler and get the bumper back far enough... not easy.