Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Upgrades What Is Acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by stout View Post
    Flames and sponsor stickers? Not my bag. I'm not much one for stripes, either, and am with you on the mechanical upgrades > visual "upgrades."

But...there is something to a well turned out car, and dead stock Porsches rarely do it for me. Done right, the details always get me: Sugar Scoop delete, right wheels/tires (as in, the customer sport dept might have sold those in the day), sport muffler, ride height, etc. Show me a 1971 911 with those four things done next to a stocker, and all other things being equal, I'll take the "mildly optimized" car every time—and would probably pay more for it. This move back to sugar scoops may be the death of me...the US 911 was a car the factory never wanted to build but had to. Ditto for US ride height and other items, such as US lenses, bumper guards, etc.
    Yet the 1973RS has the word CARRERA very large on both sides of the door with stripe

Name:  IMG_0738.JPG
Views: 418
Size:  24.5 KB
    And this wasn't even sold in the US

Poor Jaguar had to toe-the-line as well after 1967. Never quite as pretty, especially when the tail lights were dropped below the bumpers in '69 becoming hideously large.

Now all headlights are now designed like pre-68 cars (aerodynamic) and 5mph bumpers are gone too. Go figure.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

member #1515
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Smith View Post
    This one's low and handles pretty darn well.
    https://www.facebook.com/drew.gormli...3025286058946/
    I would not call that good handling. It looks like rock hard go kart suspension way overpowered. Slides pretty, looks good, definitely not the quick way around a circuit.

I love modified cars, just that they actually be practical modifications that actually serve a purpose. As Ferry used to emphasize, "Form Follows Function"
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

So which would you rather have a great/beautiful car with an original dash but with many cracks/gashes in it; or a replacement dash from Lakewell, Carpoint, Porsche Classic???

So which would you rather have a early S with no oil radiator cooler in the fender, or with a brass cooler, trombone cooler, later cooler with fan, or the new S replacement cooler with a rock shield of course???

This thread

So which would you rather have a great/beautiful car with an original dash but with many cracks/gashes in it; or a replacement dash from Lakewell, Carpoint, Porsche Classic???

So which would you rather have a early S with no oil radiator cooler in the fender, or with a brass cooler, trombone cooler, later cooler with fan, or the new S replacement cooler with a rock shield of course???
    First- non-destructive, returnable to original upgrades

Dash- hmmm if it is not very good looking dash, then a replacement dash from one of the vendors .... but the vetting process to find an acceptable one .....

My early S came without an external loop cooler. I took careful steps to duplicate the factory's exact methods, materials and location for the line mounting studs. Then sourced all EOM lines and parts ensure the install was indistinguishable from factory.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/e3196356/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/e3196356/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>
    Haasman

Registry #2489
    R Gruppe #722
    65 911 #302580
    70 914-6 #9140431874
    73 911s #9113300709