Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrades What Is Acceptable?

Wink John Rice for "Expert" Emeritus

All I can say is that John Rice's post is one of the best things I have read on this forum in a very long time.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Boy, am I EVER biting my tongue here.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by VIper Green E
    Would it not be nice if a site was developed that would be mediated and monitored by a group of experts that have way more knowledge than most of us do. The threads would stay on task and people could get true and correct information quickly....
    Don't you think there is room for an ask the experts, 911 site? I do.
    Sure, this is a fine idea. What I would ask is why it cannot be part of the Early S Registry website? All it would require is the establishment of an "Ask the experts" section of this forum, with moderators established for the posts, or just the addition of moderators for the existing "Technical Info" section of this forum.

I really do not see why there is a need for another site. If there are problems with "standards" or incorrect information, or a dislike of "chit chat" or threads deteriorating or "tangentiating", this can be solved with moderation, as long as people are willing to take on the task. Leaving the other "General" and "Off Topic" forums unmoderated for those types of threads would be the best of both worlds, IMHO. I think diluting the sources for early 911 info with multiple websites is a mistake.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Quote Originally Posted by dhopkins
    We need an elite group to enforce the rules. They could wear armbands and have a special salute. If you are caught breaking the rules you are excommunicated from the Porsche community. Awards would be given to those who do the most for maintaining the purity of the race.
    I hope the Expert Elite don't catch wind of the wicked cool '66 that I just finished up. I'm so proud!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

...and I double dare the faux Germans to find fault with this '70 S that I'm just finishing up. And yes, that is a real gen-yoo-wine ducktail...with just a "light respray".

This baby's gonna fetch all the money!

RGruppe #183

Thumbs up

This is my '67S with all kinds of improvements. Only 50k original miles. Original paint. The girls love it.

RGruppe #183

Jens, I know I'd never have the means to build something like that wicked cool '66...but could you post more details of the red 944 next to it? LOL here!
    But gawd forbid if we get too chatty while discussing our hobby...this is SERIOUS stuff!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

"chosen few"

If Jewish people want to set up their own web site for early 911's I see no reason why not... we can also have 911 sites for other ethnic groups.

This is the problem.

All this B.S. is killing the credibility of this site.

Keep it up, more and more people will find some other way to get information. And the Jack off's can continue to bantter.

The question IS "Who is posting the BS?"

I count a few people who think some of the references you used objectionable. maybe you'd like to explain...