Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this for real? $49,000!!

Is this for real?

If you have read my earlier post you will know that I am not an expert nor do I claim to be about early 911's. I don't mean to rip on the car or seller but for that kind of money I would expect it to need nothing. I saw a lot of nit-picky items that needed sorted out and that is just in the photos. Something about the front bonnet does not look right. It appears to have had a cheap repaint. Where is the windshield washer bottle? The seal is pretty beat up and fits lousy. The trunk light is not working. Also, something doesn't look right with the door jamb at the bottom of the lock post near the seal. Just dirt? I would be curious to see what this car goes for and how long it takes to sell. Maybe I am in denial and not ready for these cars to cost this much. I know that you guys sitting on a nice one are loving it.

-Steve

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    It seems to me also that at that price there should be very few issues and those seats , that wheel and the hood emblem are not original for starters. Why does the # not end in S ?
    All picky stuff, and it really doesn't look like a bad car at all. Well worth a closer look. But no way for my 2 cents worth that kind of money.
    Unless someone pays it, then I have to say just WOW !

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

I think the boys in the UK might disagree (about the care and quality of their restos) , or is that no longer (or was it ever) a part of Europe, old or new?
    It would be too easy to say that we really aren't part of Europe. Our cars are unique anyway as we insist on driving on the wrong side of the road.

To miy mind there are too many things wrong with the Olive German car to make it worth that kind of money; door panels, later gear change tower, wrong lenses/horn grills, no S bumper. Who knows what else?
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

I believe that they have the same car listed on Sports Car Market Magazine for $39,900....

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/class...che-911s-targa

rickwoodmansee
    reg #699

I can't speak for the Spanish or Swiss listers but I know that in Holland there are very good early 911 shops. The used parts and used car market may be more ltd simply because of weather and qty sold. But as far as finding knowledgeable technicians, I know of several. It si not too hard to ship a car from Spain to Holland. Get your work done there and then drive back to the South. How much fun would that be. I am shipping a 67 911 there this coming month. A nephew of mine wants to get into 911s. I talked him out of the "NOPI" scene. Appears he has a side business going with some really crafted Polish body repair guys. They are planning a full body resto on this car that I am "donating" to this cause. I know for a fact that the expectations of high quality repair is not taken lightly here and trust that this car will be restored and painted to a very high level. I have already taken car of the mechanicals for them so the rest is up to them. Upside of the deal is, that I will have a nice early 911 to drive when I am in Holland on trips. Can't wait to drive down to Le Mans one year.

Cheerios!
    Vollgas!

Hello,

I'm also Spanish and I agree with Platas about the difficulty of finding a Spanish early Porsche.

I disagree about restorations and car care. I have seen many Spanish Porsche owners spending lots of money in restoration and also in buying completely original and nice 911's and 356's.

I think that the care and attention about originality is everywere but in smaller countries is of course less significant.

How many S's or E's or T's have been converted to Turbolook in USA? LOTS, and bastardized with incorrect engines or even non-Porsche engines??? LOTS

The great thing is that care and consideration about having our cars in perfect original shape has allowed us to build strong discussion groups like this one that let us think that we are not MAD, we are more than 10 and we are not wrong when we prefer to drive our cars seated in non-ergonomic, antisafe but absolutely nice and original seats.

The pleasure of having each and every detail of our cars in perfect condition is something that can't be learned or teached, it's a matter of priorities in our stressed lifes.

My 2.5 cents.
    1967 912 coupe
    1969 2.0 911S Targa
    1973.5 911T sunroof coupe

http://www.oldautoradio.com

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    I agree with everything you said, except that foolish statement that we are NOT mad. *,-}

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606