Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulse of your club…

Pulse of your club…

We had our monthly meeting last Sat., and seeing I’m the board member that frequents this message board, here is some of what’s go’n on…

- We have 502 members (we finally broke 500 !!!)
    Still surprising considering we now have 1762 registered message board users.

- Our Paypal access to membership payment brought us 27 new members within the first 10 days… GREAT idea guys… thanks

- We are also trying to set up Paypal for our boutique pages on the web site…

- John Dilger reports that our news letter, the ESSES Vol. 15, No. 4, should be at the printers in a couple of weeks … sorry for the delay

- We need articles and pictures for the next news letter Vol. 16 No. 1 … I know its easier writing it quickly here on the board, but please write up an article for the ESSES with some pics and send it in to John Dilger and it will be around for posterity…
    JohnDilger@aol.com

- The Registry will be at both the L.A. VW/Porsche Lit Fair at the Airport Hilton on Sat. Feb. 25th www.LALitAndToyShow.com … and the LA All Euro Swap Meet at Veteran’s Stadium, Long Beach, on Sun. the 26th www.LAAllEuro.com

We need HELP manning the Registry booth at both events … Please contact Mike Hammond hammondms@earthlink.net with times you can help out.

- Like last year, I will try to organize a breakfast and ‘drive in’ for the All Euro Swap with Roger Grago and the R-Gruppe.

- Please, whenever you contact the club with any news, info, or questions please include your Early S Registry membership number in all your correspondents.

- Our web master Mike Larson has given me full moderator/edit access to this board. As you know I have a pretty light hand when it comes to regulation … For me it’s expanding the knowledge base, discussion, debate… but foremost CIVILITY … if you can’t be civil you have no business on this board… We have the best information source for all things Early 911 in the world, let's respect it.

- There has been some inquires about a financial statement for the club… That is only fair and proper. As I’ve said before, Fred Stewart was the one who did that for us, however Fred is no longer an active member of the board, so John Dilger said he would compile all the info and try to get it together for an up coming issue of the ESSES.

- With Vol. 16, No 1 of the ESSES you will, like every year, receive the club’s roster through either an e-mail file, or if requested, a CD… The format for this coming roster will be a little different… As usual we’ll have the S cars in sequence by VIN, however they will be followed by year by the E’s and the T’s, the L’s, 911’s and of course RS’s, by year and by VIN sequence… followed at the end by those who are still looking….. No more will it read ‘none S owners’ … all will be included in sequence. And, like the S cars, if you are no longer a member of the club your T’s, E’s, L’s and 911’s will stay on the roster in sequence for all time.

That’s about it for now; once again I’ll appeal to those that are on the Early 911S Registry’s message board to PLEASE join the club that brings this board to you… http://www.early911sregistry.org/members1.html

Cheers, and as always, thanks for your support
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck

That is great news about the results of the meeting. It shows that the committee not only listens to the members but acts to support them as well.

Now it is time for the members of this board who are not Early S members to support this Fantastic Resource with their wallets
    I note that you have changed this board as well with the notice at the top "Joining the Registry has just become a lot easier. Fill out our new online application, and pay online with a check, credit card or PayPal account."

Well done. No one has any excuses now that they didn't know that they could join, they cant write a check, they have forgotten how to write a letter, there is no pay pal etc

It is fantastic that the move to paypal has brought 27 new members. As a member who is overseas I have to admit that for a couple of years I felt it was too hard to print out a form, fax or mail it and then arrange $US payments. I finally did it (with your help) but that is another matter

That perceived difficulty has all been resolved with these new arrangements If we can do it from Australia you guys in the US have no excuses

I fully support the moderation of the board "with a light touch". I have noticed a couple of times recently that this board was starting to be "a less fun place" due to the attitude and language of some of the posts. I am not one for censorship (of any kind) but I firmly believe that if the members of a board such as this allow the standards to drop pretty soon it goes into a downward spiral as people who enjoy that sort of thing post more and try to "point score" and those who don't vote with their feet (mouse?) and leave.

If it is known that a moderator exists and they are contactable (as we have on our site - http://www.typ901.org/forum/index.php ) and they will act on excessive behavior, then i think the members will actually behave better most of the time anyway allowing the moderator to stand back unless there are exceptional circumstances.
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au

Thumbs up Round of applause for the Board and Mike Larson

Chuck,

The improvements are really great. Congrats to Mike Larson for setting up an online form...looks good from the quick peek I took . Maybe one small change to the header line (bold of me I know, but you're used to it )? The online application form allows for renewals as well, but this isn't mentioned...can Mike alter to read something like this: "Joining the Registry or renewing your membership has just become a lot easier." Just a thought...

And I fully concur with all of Hugh's comments...c'mon guys - if we Aussies can manage to pay up from waaaayyyy downunder, you guys have little or no excuse !

Keep up the great work - I really enjoy this board even though I don't get a chance to post all that often anymore . I have to say I did not enjoy some of the "less than fun posts" that were going on a couple of weeks ago though and I am sure I am not alone, so your tack on moderating with a gentle hand will no doubt be welcome (at least by me and Hugh and a few others I know )

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

Lisa,

Thanks for your support and suggestion.
    Michael
    Early 911S Registry #600

1970 911E

Lisa is absolutely right...

With Mike Larson's skill this whole message board and membership process is running like'a clock...

Soon our web master will start working on his own early car...
    We'll then start paying him back in good info, suggestions, and shoulders to cry on...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck and Club Crew,
    You guys/gals are doing a fanastic job! This is by far the best BBS. I think if the non-paying members thought in terms of not having access to this BBS they would be quick to pony up the more than fair fee.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

BBS Members not Early S Members

Love the BBS - but own a 72 T. I know, I know, I can still join. But I suspect I'm not alone in feeling a little funny about joining an early "S" club and not owning the central pice of hardware contained in the name of the club. And not only do I envy the S cars, I love your logo too. Saw one on a silver 72 S Targa at the Pomona show last Sunday - very cool!

Maybe those BBS participants who choose not to join the Registry but enjoy the BBS could send in a DONATION via PayPal?...just a thought.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by daepp
    Love the BBS - but own a 72 T. I know, I know, I can still join. But I suspect I'm not alone in feeling a little funny about joining an early "S" club and not owning the central pice of hardware contained in the name of the club. And not only do I envy the S cars, I love your logo too. Saw one on a silver 72 S Targa at the Pomona show last Sunday - very cool!
    Nope...that excuse won't work. You see, we like ALL the early models here.
    Just don't buy a Cayenne unless it's a support vehicle for your '72T...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Quote Originally Posted by M Larson
    Lisa,

Thanks for your support and suggestion.
    My pleasure Mike ...

and I see that you have already added those few little words which hopefully will assist all (including the hard-working board) when our renewals all roll around . Thanks for doing this so quickly and again, well done! Website administration is not a 5 minute job and things like online forms take a long time to put together...you will be rewarded by this board when your turn comes for help with your car, which from what Chuck says won't be too far away .

Cheers,
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au