Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pulse of your club…

Sorry,
    I feel that the "S" moniker is simply an excuse for peeps who dont want to join. I have never seen ANY prejudice to those who drive T' and E's when it comes to this board just as there has never been a prejudice towards the RS owners.
    Basically what is being said is......"yes, I use the board to learn about my car, I participate in the posts, I buy and sell on the classifieds board, but because I have a T or an E I dont have to buck up and pay the dues."

Seems pretty Bogus to me. And yes Chuck you can quote me next time I let my membership lapse.........LOL
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer
    Sorry,
    I feel that the "S" moniker is simply an excuse for peeps who dont want to join. I have never seen ANY prejudice to those who drive T' and E's
    Dave, Your magnanimous feelings (which we all share) toward T's & E's, not withstanding, it is the PERCEPTION of non-S owners that this is an exclusive conclave, which needs to be addressed. Jim was correct in his earlier post; if the 356 Registry was called the S90 Registry, I wouldn't have joined ......who wants to be a second class member?

Jim
    SWBGRUPPE
    Dues Paid Member #279

Why heck, you guys with SWB cars ARE second class members...you haven't figured that out??? (tongue firmly in cheek here...no flaming, okay? )
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by SWBS
    Dave, Your magnanimous feelings (which we all share) toward T's & E's, not withstanding, it is the PERCEPTION of non-S owners that this is an exclusive conclave, which needs to be addressed. Jim was correct in his earlier post; if the 356 Registry was called the S90 Registry, I wouldn't have joined ......who wants to be a second class member?

Jim
    ...and also remember that the moniker 'Early 911S Registry' is actually pretty accurate in its exclusion of 911T, 911E, 911L & 911 cars. The 'Registry' itself only includes 911S models in its scope, and I think is only provided to 911S owners?
    [Early 911 Registry #772]

Quote Originally Posted by nullh20
    ...and also remember that the moniker 'Early 911S Registry' is actually pretty accurate in its exclusion of 911T, 911E, 911L & 911 cars. The 'Registry' itself only includes 911S models in its scope, and I think is only provided to 911S owners?

If that is the case there must be a paperwork screwup somewhere
    as I thought I got a full list that included L, T and E and even (gasp) RS cars as well as some people with no cars (looking) from memory............ and the last time I looked my car was an "E"
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

hmm... maybe I was supposed to get a list
    I have only joined recently though- maybe the list is on its way!
    [Early 911 Registry #772]

Kumbayah

Kenikh said what I was thinking...

We all live in the same house, why not make it official and marry them all together? There's strength in numbers, there’s $$$ in numbers and there’s more opportunity in numbers. I think it's time that the heads of the three great powers (T, E and S registries) to come together and figure out LONGHOOD strategy moving forward, whether that be a unified club or not. United we stand, divided we...keep having conversations like this one.
    I think the answer is that we, as a group need to evolve. It is not about S's, E's, T's, L's, SWB's, and LWB's but about LONGHOODS. We should make an earnest attempt to put under ONE ROOF the various registry's that support our interests. Like it or not, among the registrys I see, this is the most active. We need to provide the leadership and the way.
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

Let me look up magnanimous and I will get back to you on that.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer
    Let me look up magnanimous and I will get back to you on that.
    Dave - Check the garage; you may have a magnanimous engine case!

Jim
    SWBGRUPPE
    Dues Paid Member #279

Agreed

I wholeheartedly agree. As a member who is still looking for that perfect car (i.e. an outsider looking in), I agree that the Early 911 S Registry has a discriminatory connotation to it. Whether intended or not, it's a fact. We can say all day long that everyone's welcome, but at the end of the day we must put our money where our mouths are. It's like the confederate flag controversy. If you really want to be inclusive, you'll take down the flag to show that you mean it.

Regarding the logo, I, too, hate to see a cool logo get screwed up. As mentioned previously, the apostrophe S is not gramatically correct. So, I would vote to simply remove the S and leave the logo otherwise unchanged. The only problem is that the years 64, 65 and 66 aren't represented. Hmmmm. Not sure how to address that one.
    Sodly
    Early S Registry Member #748