Thread: Updating to 67 S REAR brakes

Updating to 67 S REAR brakes

All,

I'm new here. I have searched the archives and found alot of useful information but I still have a question...

I have a 67 912. I am updating the front suspension to that of a 73 911 Carrera. The struts I am using are 3.5" Bilstien struts with "A" calipers. I have access to a 67 911 S parts car that still has the original ventilated rear rotors and calipers. I have read about using the early 944 rear rotors and that's not a problem. My question is, can I just use the rotors and calipers or do I need the hubs off the car as well to keep the spacing equal to the front?

--Tony
    67 912 2.0 type 4 conversion
    http://Gumby912.servebeer.com

67 911S Rear brake upgrade underway

All,

I grabbed everything (calipers, rotors, backing plates, stub axles, etc) from the 67 911S wreck. I should have everything needed to upgrade my rear brakes. I got lucky on the rotors. 18.0mm is the wear limit, both of the used rotors measured out at 19.5mm so I am good.

Where can I get a caliper rebuild kit for these calipers? 67 911S vented steel 3" calipers.

--Tony
    http://gumby912.servebeer.com

More than Original
    Rebuild kit: 901.352.998.00 (actually for rear M Caliper) Pelican Parts

More info here http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=225135
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

Thanks!

B D,

Thanks for the info. I actually had read that thread a few times but if you follow the other thread links in there, you can get yourself pretty confused.

You never responded to that thread as to how your 944 rear rotor upgrade worked out. Or did you and I missed it?

--Tony