Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1973 911S Sunroof Coupe

1973 911S Sunroof Coupe

I am reluctantly selling my 1973 911S sunroof coupe. It is a numbers matching car. I have the Certificate of Authenticity. It was originally a California car, sold into the Pacific Northwest about six years ago. It has no rust.

The car is metallic silver, with factory tinted windows, power windows, wheel arch decos, through the grill foglights, oil cooler lines, limited slip differential, and sportseats. It has Hella H-1 headlights. It has the correct orange bar crest with a beautiful patina. It also has a Vasek Polak license plate frame, though I can't verify its authenticity. It has the correct Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio. I have installed the smaller diameter Carerra RS/914-6 steering wheel, but I still have the original. It has a complete original tool kit, in beautiful condition.

The engine was rebuilt two years ago to original 2.4 liter specs, with new Mahle S pistons and cylinders. The case was done by Ollies, with Timecerts and the oil return valve bypass done. Fuel injection pump by Pacific Fuel Injection. Throttle bodies by Eurometrix. It has a carrerra oil pump, pressure fed chain tensioners and turbo valve covers.

The transmission was rebuilt at the same time, and the limited slip differential was checked and set properly.

The suspension was rebuilt by Fordahls, with only minor changes. It has the aluminum front cross member, aluminum trailing arms, SC adjustable spring plates, 18 mm front (period correct through the body style) and 18mm rear antisway bars, and 22 mm front and 26 mm rear torsion bars. The 6 inch flat face fuchs are in beautiful conditin.

The brakes were rebuilt completely, with refinished alloy front callipers and refinished rear calipers, new rotors, stainless steel brake lines, a new 23 mm master cylinder, and rebuilt pedal box.

The sunroof has been rebuilt. Paint is very nice. I have a stack of receipts. This car is gorgeous, fast, tight, and handles like its riding on rails.

I will send pictures upon request, I have tons. $36,000 OBO. You can contact me at msc73911s@comcast.net.

Update: There is a great deal of interest in this car after only a few hours, and it appears that my initial asking price may have been a bit low. I would not be surprised if the car goes for more than the asking price, so rather than posting another price, I have simply made clear that it will go for the best offer. There are pictures posted in the 911 classified section of Pelican Parts. Thank-you for your interest.

email sent
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

73s

E- mail sent.thanks

Mileage?

If its as good as it sounds its cheap.

There's a similar car for sale in LA right now asking $50k.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

I talked to a mechanic that worked on it a year and a half ago. It had some issues at the time that the owner was working through. Sounds from the description above that he addressed the mechanical issues. It is what the mechanic called a "nice" car; apparently nicer than my current vehicle which is pretty darned good. The only negs were the paint, which he called OK, but not perfect. If the paint was addressed the car sounds like it is indeed very nice. I sent my email when the thread had only one view (me), but haven't received a response yet. I live in the same city as the car, so once I take a look at it, I'll post my impressions if I decide to pass on it. If I am fortunate enough to work out a deal on the car, my numbers matching '69S will be in these pages soon after.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

let me know if you decide to sell it, intrested 69 S.
    thanks
    santiago

This might get a little ugly

A can of worms has just been opened.

Notice the addition to the add, looks like high bidder wins.

I will throw my hat into the ring,

May the best man win.

Quote Originally Posted by platas
    let me know if you decide to sell it, intrested 69 S.
    thanks
    santiago
    Will do; only for sale if I replace it.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by VIper Green E
    A can of worms has just been opened.

I will through my hat into the ring,

May the best man win.
    What do you mean?
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman
    What do you mean?
    Check out the "update" at the bottom of the original listing.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964