Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picking Up an S

Glad you enjoy the new toy. Can't wait to see it in the metal.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Steve, you bagged my concept of rolling perfection. In one word: Magnificent.

Congratulations
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Beautiful car!!!! Enjoy It.

S nice

How'd that car get sneaked out of the S.F. Bay Area??? Don't we have enough buyers here??? I wish I knew about it! I'm looking for a friend, also from L.A., "aren't we all". But. I definetly would have been tempted to sell my friend mine instead. At least it's still in Ca. If your gonna sell your other one I can tell my friend in L.A. about it.

Enjoy and Congrats,
    Scooter

My game..saving Porsches FHernand's Avatar

Bravo!

BRAVO!!! Nice car.
    VINTAGE SPORTSCAR RESTORATIONS INC.
    www.vsrestorations.com
    Phoenix OREGON
    Freddie Hernandez
    freddie@vsrestorations.com
    (541) 535-3304
    www.facebook.com/VintageSportscarRestorations

This cat is out of the bag ! Steve, I hope you keep the undercarriage as clean as the rest of the car. We will give it the Q Tip test in Sonoma. Enjoy driving the car as it was truly meant to be !!!!

Cheers

...i've become slightly obsessed...

Steve,

Around here there are no half measures.
    This means that either you drive a pleasant tax deduction or you are a rabid 911 nutter like the rest of us !
    Your colour combination reminds me of 356s I have seen over the years - silver with red/ruby red interiors.
    Lovely car - drive the wheels off it !

Cheers,
    Dennis.
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Yes, I got lucky sneaking it out of the Bay Area, but fear not it will be driven well, looked after and kept in CA. Aside from the wet run down the coast I'll keep the undercarriage dry and clean. Like I said I'll share the process of how this magnificent car came to me in Esses, but suffice to say Joey is a man of his word.

Mr Viper, its not for sale but your Orange car especially with the 3.8 you are planning could definitely lead me into temptation and when you put it on the market the other month it almost derailed this sale.

Scooter, my other car is "softly" for sale. My plan is to keep it, keep working on it (the aforementioned 3.8 conversion is a possiblity down the road) and keep driving it, BUT for a price, and not an outrageous one, I'll let go of it. I don't "need" to sell it and I'm not interested in the hassle of actively marketing it. If your buddy wants to see it let me know.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys, hopefully in Sonoma if Cris is good to his word and gets me all the details and my membership number as promised.

Dennis, being English as I am, understatement comes with the territory. I definitely fall on the "rabid 911 nutter" side of things--from zero to two cars in 6 months...even I question my sanity once in a while, though not when I'm driving one.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD