Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Factory Service Manual / Shop Manual. Interest in a copy?

Factory Service Manual / Shop Manual. Interest in a copy?

Hi All!

I finally managed to aquire a set of the factory service manuals for the early 911 model (from -65) Volume I and II

It took me quite some time to get a set for a reasonable price but I finally managed.

Now I was thinking of making a "backup" in case anything happens to the original
    At work I have access to a very fast document scanner which I can use for this. Possible outputs are word or pdf documents. I was thinking pdf would be great for this.

Is there any interest here for a (digital) copy? The more the copies are spread the less risk there is for me if anything happens to the original if you know what I'm saying

Please let me know!

Regards,

Semjon.

Edit: for the record, the manuals are on the way so it may take a couple of days/weeks to start scanning

I got my brand new set from a gent online, still in the factory box and find it great reading. All my life I've been hard on books but strangely find myself handling the pages like they're museum pieces of literature.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

I bought a set along with the parts manual from Stoddard back in 1990 when I got my S. Also have a set of 356A manuals with the Parts manual I bought from Stoddard in 1974 when I got my first P car. The nice patina of grease and oil spots graces a few pages of both.
    Currently:
    67 3.6 Rocket "Silver"
    62 T6 Outlaw Coupe "ole Yellow"
    65 F100 Custom Cab Flairside Shortbed

Gone but not forgotten in last 2 years:
    67S Concours King
    67 912 Vintage Racer
    68 912 Flipper
    83 911SC
    93 Mo30 968

too many cars before that

Early S Registry # 787
    R Gruppe # 551

"its better to wear out then rust out"

Oh, btw....yes I'm sure there's many of us who would love to have a .doc (it would allow us to add our own thoughts on things we repair) or a .pdf of the manual. I've been using the 72 on version of the .pdf as a fair bit of it applies to the earlier ones as well.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Well, when it arrives I see what I can do.

A word document is indeed handy because you can edit it. Hadn't thought about it...

Maybe I can also scan some grease and oil stains for patina

If there is any intrest i have a couple of original Shop manuals , new for 911 ,T,S and i think for a 356. will check. Mind these are originals from porsche and new.

I have a '65 set I bought from Stoddard 10 years ago and a '72 set I found on ebay for my SC (I have the 914 set as well). It would be nice to have them in .pdf so I don't have to take the books out to the garage when I work. They cost too much to trash in my opinion. The .pdf would allow me to print out the pages I need and save my expensive manuals.

Well the manuals have arrived and I started scanning them.
    I already have Volume I ready. Two small remarks:

- I first had to xerox every page because of the paper tray on the scanner
    - I downsized to fold outs in the manual to fit A4 paper size (you can compare it to Letter)

I attached to samples, one Word file and one PDF file:

Word: http://www.badongo.com/file/540377

PDF: http://www.badongo.com/file/540394

Just click on the link, wait 30 seconds and click the download button.

I hope you like the outcome!

I have to find a solution to distribute these when I'm done because the files are quite large..

Regards,

Semjon

I have two 72/73 factory spare parts manuals. I'm going to put one on ebay soon.
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

All done scanning! Any interest? (And any ideas how to send or host the large files?)

Regards, Semjon