Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F/S 73 911 2.7RS Spec.

F/S 73 911 2.7RS Spec.

73 911 2.7 RS Spec. Silver with red interior and red leather sport seats. Built on a 1973 911T Targa. Much time and money has been spent on this very special car. Brand new 2.7 RS spec. MFI engine with only 1,000 "break in" miles. Built by Kelly Moss. Rebuilt 915 limited slip tranny. Absolutely no rust. Paint is excellent with no scratches, dings, or dents. Upgraded suspension and brakes. All mechanical and electrical systems perfect.
    Recently purchased to use for drivers ed, but this car is simply too nice to track. Setup to serve as dual purpose street/track use. Have receipts and manuals. Too many details to list here. E-mail or call for more information and photos.
    Asking $27,500
    Bobby Smith
    porsche911dude@aol.com
    757 463-7294
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Bobby,
    Beautiful car. I know that in the not too distant past I have posted my general lack of enthusiasm for early 911's painted red and silver (I know I am in the minority here), but the red interior really makes for a nice color combo.
    How about posting a "money shot" of the engine compartment too, since many of the potential buyers will be most interested in this aspect of your car...
    This would make a nice muscular twin brother to Boyers73S targa down under.
    Best of luck with the sale.

gruen911-
    I heartily agree. There's something about the silver w/red interior that says "German racing heritage" loud and clear.
    My 550A was silver at one time, before I owned it. It had red leather seats , door panels and firewall panel, also.
    Bobby, this is a VERY nice looking car! Good luck!
    Mike B.
    1972 911E #414
    Early S #1065

Thanks guys. It is a striking color combo. I just took her out for a run and this 2.7 pulls hard.The suspension is firm but comfortable for street use and I'm sure it would perform well at a drivers ed also. I took an off ramp at nearly 80mph and she was planted on line. Here are some engine photos.
    Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looking good Bobby. Is this the killer Auto-X car Tom B. told me about?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Paul,
    Thanks, No the auto-x car is Orangello on page 62 of show your ride. That's the one I got from Tom a number of years ago.
    Take care,
    Bobby

My misunderstanding...thanks. Still, this looks good...for a targa!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Bobby I think it looks bloody hot!!!
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Price reduced, new project coming

Fellow Early S Brotherhood...I thought this car would be GONE at $35K. It cost well over $40K to build it. I have a few folks interested, but nothing firm yet, so I'm going to do a little better on the $$$$$$. I have a new project starting soon, so I'll accept $27,500. This is a steal on a car of this caliber.
    Bobby

Your Car

Bobby,

Sent you a PM. Thanks.
    J-P
    S Registry #949