Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South OC R Gruppe at Taco Tuesday the Night Before the Drive

South OC R Gruppe at Taco Tuesday the Night Before the Drive

On Tuesday, May 2, Thorsten K. and I will be jump starting the R Gruppe weekend at El Torito Bar and Grill at Fashion Island Mall in Newport Beach. We will be there before 5 to get the tables/chairs, no reservations, it gets crowded.
    I know many from out of town, out of state, will be looking for the nights activities before we leave on Wed. morning. If you are in the area, JOIN US.
    If you are not going to Santa Rosa, still JOIN US.

Let us know so we can save enough seats, it gets crowded. The BEST Happy Hour in O.C.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Any thoughts about departure time Wednesday morning? My flight doesn't get in until 9:00 Tuesday night, so won't make it to OC. Route plans?
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

Ray - If their fish tacos are good, we (the MidWest boyz) will try our best to make it. I'll call you on Sunday and let you know our ETA.

its a chain you probably know them as Casa Gallardo's in the midwest. If you are looking for good fish taco's there are a lot of better places that we could open a new thread for I vote for Senor Fish by the way
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Most people in the midwest have never heard of fish tacos and give you a funny look when you mention them. In all seriousness, I'm driving 2500 miles specifically for the fish tacos - I'll probably stop by Sonoma and check out the cars too if I have time.

when in Rome
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Thumbs up Taco Tuesday

Hi Ray!
    Doris and I are in for Taco Tuesday...
    Many good memories there...
    After a bunch of beers I will take - what ever they have as a good fish taco!
    Maybe we can continue this at Baja Cantina in Carmel/Monterey at our first overnight stop on the way up...
    Who ever wants to join...
    Phil? Kent? Paul? Eade? Dick? Mike? Roger? John Riz? The local boyz?
    We'll be at El Torito!

Thorsten Klein,
    RGruppe #276, Weissach, Germany

1973 Porsche 911 T/R (R ennsemmel) -
    LICENSED IN GERMANY (!!) WITH 106dB
    LEISTRITZ FACTORY SPORT MUFFLER!!!
    THERE GOES THE NEIGHBOURHOOD!!!

2014 991 Carrera (bad weather P car )
    1997 RenaultSport Spider (the 'last' Alpine)

"Das letzte Fahrzeug auf Erden - wird ein Sportwagen sein..." (F.Porsche)

its a Social Event

Thorsten,

You and I know its a social thing vs. a food thing.....We did not pick it for the food Besides, what do you want for a buck a taco?

I know Duane/Charlie, and Bob/Debra are spending Tuesday night at the Hyatt Newporter. They arrive from Arizona in the afternoon. They will be joining us for dinner also.
    We have people from Arizona, Phil from Australia, you from Germany. Any Midwesterners planning on coming down?

I am anticipating the best fish tacos on our drive up on Wed. The restaurant on the pier at Avila Beach. Curt, save your appetite.

I went to Baja Cantina last August, during Concours week. What a great place. LOTS of car history everywhere. Its right next to the Quail. We can walk there Wed. night.
    Paul K., is it Wed., or Thursday they have a night time car gathering, BBQ in the parking lot?

See everyone on Saturday at Crystal Cove, then Paul K.'s Kennel for the swap meet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255

Ray,

We have a date with some Cobras and various other vintage race and street cars on Tuesday afternoon and evening. Are you sure you guys don't want to come up to LA to check it out? You guys will have to educate me on the finer points of the fish taco on the drive up to Sonoma.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

last minute preps

Brian,

I know you guys will be having alot of fun with the schedule you planned. I have you cell number if I finish my last second details early. You have mine if you finish early.
    Where will you be staying Tuesday night?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255