Page 39 of 269 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: 1973 Carrera RS Cars for Sale

Nope, not me....Probably somebody on their way home from Greystone????
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatlo View Post
    No affiliation

Fantasy Junction in Emeryville, CA is advertising an Grand Prix White with Red Scripts and Black Interior RS Touring which was imported from Japan in 2009.

VIN: 113600287, Engine No. 6630284

http://www.fantasyjunction.com/cars/...ter%20Flat%206
    Attachment 289685
    Yesterday, after our work was done at EASY, a friend who drove his own RS up and wanted to see the above car first-hand and in the flesh, and I took the obligatory walk over to Fantasy Junction.

I hate to be negative and say nasty things about other folks cars, but I have to be forthright and report that I was absolutely shocked at seeing some pretty major & very obvious flaws in this "superb runner and driver". To sum it up, it's simply not ready for display and / or sale until things get put right.

The car was packed in among other inventory, preventing meaningful overall shots, but the photo posted below will give you some idea of the kind of things I'm talking about and which you can expect to see, yes, there are more - those problems need to be addressed, fully explained & repaired.
    Caveat Emptor.

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 05-04-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

What is the problem in the second picture?
    Mike

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    (Repro) mirror passenger side, red striped hood badge..probably even more.

Cees
    Last edited by fourteenten; 05-04-2014 at 11:39 PM. Reason: wrong info

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    Mike, there's no readily visible problem present in the second photo due to the angle of the shot, I merely posted that photo to more or less confirm that it's the same car as in the FJ ad.

Basically, the major visible problems all seem to be centered in the area of the left front fender ( as shown in photo #1 ), the A-pillar, the fit of the fender against the front edge of the door, with huge variance in the width of the fender-to-door gap from the top ( the curved gap near the door mirror ) down to the relatively normal bottom corner. There's a very obvious problem in the fit of the anodized door/window frame in the roof opening, well beyond any possibility to adjust the gap by moving the window frame to conform to the opening contour.
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 05-08-2014 at 04:23 AM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    You mean the oddball right hand mirror?

Actually both mirrors seem to be mounted low on the doors. And the right mirror is, I believe BMW

EDIT: the first observations were from my phone. Now I see the image on the computer, it appears both mirrors are at the correct height on the doors, but the right hand mirror is mounted too far forward (RHD mounting) to be useful in a LHD car.
    Last edited by Eminence Gris; 05-05-2014 at 05:43 AM.
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

No matter what mirror is on the passenger door the driver cannot see out of it. It is mounted WHERE a RHD car would have a mirror; meaning they used the holes placed in the door on the inside shell by the factory for their drill guides.

I have a car with the same useless setup done by the dealer in 1968. Passenger can see just fine! It is a nice for symmetry (only).

We must have a sense of humor tho these have become so expensive. It doesn't mean that the vast majority of these weren't run to death back in the day when they were properly enjoyed [abused]. Her skirt is showing is all. Knock off several thou and it is .. well, it is a pig with lipstick on but so are many of them.

I must say that .. IS.. a lovely shot of the left front "fitment". Interesting that the owner would not see fit to make it right prior to putting it up for sale.

I wonder if we will ever again see the day when people discuss the driving experience.

OK:

Stretch it out in the 1st 3 gears using the redline for a shift point (if you have to look). Hustle into turns and when you're told "I'm going to over-steer", have none of it! Show the whip (open the throttle) and bring her back to her senses. Spank it!!!

Repeat and rinse as necessary.

Proper.

Tom

Wait! I know: I have an incredibly cool car, that's really fun to drive...but I won't drive it because it's worth too much now. Good thinking!
    I'm driving mine to Treffen....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....