Thread: Miller Motorsports Park

Miller Motorsports Park

I went to the new Miller Motorsports park today for an FOC track day. There is still alot of construction going on but it's shaping up to be a great facility and it's huge. I didn't do any driving but did ride in a 996 GT3. WOW, the car and the track! We were on the West course and the Gumball 3000 group showed up for a few laps on the East course before heading to Vegas. Those guys were absolutely nuts. The lone F50 went off about 5 times, once followed by a pair of MB SLRs. Coolest(and oldest!) car of their group was, of course, a '73 RS.

I found one thing odd, passengers could only ride WITH instructors. Is this normal at other venues? You can't drive a passenger around the track in your own car.

I took quite a few photos if anyone's interested although they are all from the main straight area as there wasn't access to other parts of the track(hopefully that will change in the future)
    Brian
    early S registry #756 (formerly)

It is an awesome track. PCA had driver's ed event on 4/23. You can ride in cars besides instructors cars but driver's need a sign off from MMP. Anyone that went off track 5 times doesn't know how to drive.
    Phil

We weren't given the option of signing of to ride as passengers. The rule was you could only be a passenger to an instructor regardless of whose car it was . Seemed unusual to me and I can't imagine it staying that way.

The guys with the Gumball were hamming it up for the cameras. There were two helicopters filming in addition to ground cameras. The majority of them didn't look to be experienced on the track, entering turn 1 all wrong. It was pretty entertaining though.
    Brian
    early S registry #756 (formerly)