Looking for my next car/project. I'm not in a hurry, but I can spring for the right car. What I want is a candidate to backdate ala Auto Farm's conversions. A running car preferred; repairable collision damage is also preferred to keep the buy-in down and I don't want the bumpers, etc. anyway. No Targas, please. I will consider a cab only because I hear they are cheaper than coupes. I will probably put a HT on it, if that's what I end up with. (As far as that goes, I guess I can cut off the Targa bar and do the same, but I have no experience with that move.)

For those of you that are unfamiliar with Auto Farm, here is a link to their conversions page: http://www.autofarm.co.uk/new.php3/Classrecr.html

I basically agree with the concept rather than taking a 3.2 or larger and installing it in one of our classic early 911s. If you have a solid lead on such a candidate car, I will gladly pay a modest finder's fee. Feel free to contact me thru email: zekebeck_at_verizon_dot_net to discuss.

Thanks for reading and please don't forget this as this needle-in-a-haystack search may take some time. I hope to rejoin my great friends at the RGruppe and Early S functions, even though in a poser

Edit: I appreciate the response. I'm in no hurry, just something for people to think about if they happen on to a candiate and don't know who to call. I don't even wish to "bump" this, so I'm just adding my thoughts here as I will do as we go along. Thanks to all.

Oh, and maybe it doesn't have to be a G50 car.