Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: RGruppe Event, What a blast

Thanks to all R Gruppe for your thoughts & support

I just wanted to say to all the R Gruppe guys who saw me on Sunday morning shortly after hearing the news of my wife's sudden passing, that your support was greatly appreciated and it helped me get through that day and the long flight home.

Such news was very hard to take when you are half a world away from your family and without the support of my many friends at the event, especially Clyde Boyer, who was sharing a room with me and heard me take that early morning phone call, I doubt I would have been able to handle it as I did.

We buried Jill on Tuesday and she was fare-welled by over 450 friends, some who had travelled form teh USA and England to be there.

I know that it will be the support and help of my many R gruppe, Early S and TYP901 friends and members that will help me through the weeks and months to come.

In particular I would like to thank Alex (Russian Blue) who has been a great comfort and suport with his many emails. I bought Alex's Gulf Blue targa last year and drove it down to LA then shipped it home.

I look forward to meeting oyu all again next year and would not miss it for the world !

Take care.
    Phil Lack
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    Past President: Australian TYP901 Register Inc. # 0002

2.0 '66 911R : sold
    2.0 '68 911S : sold
    2.4 '72 911E coupe original Aubergine
    2.4 '72 911E :sold
    2.4 '72 911T : sold
    3.6 '94 993 :sold
    3.6 '97 993 C2S :sold
    '01 Ferrari 360 sold
    '15 CLA250 Benz
    '12 BMW 1M coupe (OMG!)

Phil, how can anyone really understand what you have been through without experiencing it themselves. We are left only to sit at our keyboards and type our condolences for your loss and hope that it somehow helps you and your family & friends in the healing process that is life.

Everything else is inconsequential in comparison.

I am glad you had Alex there when you needed him. God bless,
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Phil,

Mere words of condolence are grossly insufficient. I know I am not taking liberties is saying, your Early 911S Registry and R Gruppe friends hearts go out to you.

Rick
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

10 Years Already? . . .

. . .

Great pics, too!

We Can Be Heroes