Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Saturday !!!

Thumbs up Next Saturday !!!

Now that we Socals have had a little time to come off of last week up North it's time to get ready for NEXT Saturday's P.O.C. Tribute to Le Mans event at California Speedway.....

This is going to be GREAT...

This is a S-Registry / RGruppe club member breakfast, drive in, infield park, photo op, ... and we get to lead the lunch tours for free.... There will also be a TV crew working this event

Lets make a BIG club showing ...

Please get back to John Dilger ASAP and down load the info and parking pass... and please know or bring your club membership numbers...

See you there ...

Porsche Owners Club 13th Annual Tribute to Lemans At California Speedway, May 19-21, 2006

The Porsche Owners Club has invited the Early 911S Registry and the RGruppe to join them at this great event on Saturday 5-20, the day of the 4-hour enduro. I have arranged reserved parking next to the fence in side the garage area east of the “track out” gate, a group photo of all of our cars at the start/finish line on Saturday (during the lunch break starting at 1:20) and to lead small packs of spectator’s cars around the track “at speed” during the lunch laps.

This is the plan. We will meet at Denny’s at 7:30 on Saturday morning for breakfast and leave the restaurant at 8:30 for the track .Denny’s is at 715 N. Milliken Ave. Ontario, from the 10 Fry go north on Milliken and it is on the left hand side. At the track, precede to the entrance and pay the track fee of $15.00 per person, get the group together and drive into the garage area and park along the fence. The parking area will be inside the garage area, along the fence by the pit suites, east of the track out gate. Maps of the track and parking area with instructions will be handed out at the breakfast and we will have help to park your cars along the fence. You will drive into the garage area on the North side, past the last garage, turn right and drive along the fence on the south side, going west, turn to the right at a 45 degree angel and back in to park. After everyone is parked, we will have a driver’s meeting at my garage (John Dilger, car # 51), I will email the garage no. when I have it.

At 1:20, everyone needs to be their cars, ready to go out for the photo shoot at the start finish line. We will be directed to leave after the corner workers are in and any track maintenance is taken care of. We will drive out to the pit line, drive the wrong way on pit lane to pit in and then onto the track, stopping at the start finish line. We will direct you to park, take the photo and then drive into the garage area to pick up the spectator’s cars for the drive around. There will be two lines, one for the spectator’s cars and one for us. Each of us will pick up 4-5 spectator’s cars and go out on to the track .The normal cost for the drive around is $20.00 per car, the fee will be waved for us, but all of us need to go to the Sanctioning Office to sign the waver before we go onto the track. Take you parking pass with you to identify you as one of the group. No one will be allowed on the track without singing up. After the drive around laps, we will proceed back to our parking area. Later in the afternoon, dinner will be served in the tent in the garage area (separate cost, charity event) and a no host bar will be set up. The 4-hour enduro will start at 3:30. Everyone will be able to watch the race from the pit lane or from the top of the pit suites. We will have big screen TV’s showing run order, seconds behind and other scoring data, sorry, no live TV. There will be many other activities, please see the information below.

I need to have a people count for the breakfast and a car count for the parking area. Send me an email at johndiger@aol.com with the number of people and either Early 911S Registry or RGruppe. I will email back to you a parking pass with space for information about your car, please fill this out and put on the dash of your car. The information on this form makes the cars much more interesting for the spectators. You will not be able to join us for this event and park inside the garage area without a parking pass.

Any questions, call me at home 714-834-0258 or email johndilger@aol.com.
    Visit www.porscheownersclub.org for more information on the event.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Exclamation Tribute THIS Saturday !!!!

Come on guys... This will be a blast... e-mail John, get your pass... and lets have a good showing !!!!

This from John Dilger:

I'm sending this out again, I only have 12 responses, I would like to have at least 20 cars to make a good showing. Please forward to any member you know who would be interested. The last time I will check my email in order to send you a pass will be Friday at 7PM, please respond by then.

The 4 hour enduro will be covered by the film crew from the nationally televised show "Steel Dreams"

The Early 911S Registry and Rgruppe will be the only car clubs allowed to park in the garage area, must have a parking pass...

There will be no charge for Early 911S Registry and Rgruppe members for the drive around because we are helping pace the spectators' cars...

Email johndilger@aol.com to request a parking passand and for more information.

John Dilger

Early 911S Registry #12

RGruppe #87
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

No Response

John,

I tried your posted e-mail regarding my interest in attending, but got no response. Could you double-check, please? Thanks.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

JP,

Sorry you're having trouble getting through to John...

For those who couldn't get through... we will have a few parking passes at breakfast...

See you all tomorrow morning ...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by J-P
    John,

I tried your posted e-mail regarding my interest in attending, but got no response.
    I also emailed John with no response yet, but he said in his last message: "The last time I will check my email in order to send you a pass will be Friday at 7PM, please respond by then." I was assuming that he wasn't going to send anything out until that deadline, and would do a "mass email" to everyone this evening, but maybe I'm wrong?

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Tom (or anyone else in Registry or RGruppe),
    If John doesn't respond in a timely manner, let me know and I'll send you the pdf file. He sent it a few days ago.

Sherwood
    Use slee632@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by J-P
    John,

I tried your posted e-mail regarding my interest in attending, but got no response. Could you double-check, please? Thanks.
    I did receive the pass tonight, will see you all at Denny's, take care
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

If you didn't get a pass I will have some at the Denny's breakfast . JIM
    Early 911S Registry #161

Thumbs up

The S-Registry / RGruppe event at the POC's Tribute to LeMans at California Speedway was outstanding...
    We had a 15 car showing and lots of enthusiastic folks...

Special parking, leading the lunch laps, and photo shoot all went very smoothly thanks to Jackie Ginsberg and Bill Bodine of the POC...

Also thanks to Jim Moore for helping to organize as well... Jim has a list all all who attended and there cars...

A very special thanks to our own John Dilger for putting this whole event together... FANTASTIC job John...

The pics from the photo shoot will be coming to me, so hopefully I'll be getting back out to you'all when they come in...

Again, thanks to all who shared the fun...

Cheers,
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

... Great !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images