Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 906/Carrera 6/911R motors - characteristics

I was going to make the same comment, I thought the 48's were 2 throat carbs. I know people bored out carbs to make them bigger.
    Phil

Correction!

Ok, they are 46s. I went out and checked the car. When I wrote up the specs I used the FIA document issued for the car in 2000, it indicated the 48s.

Hope the inspector is not reading this tread!!

Stephen

Another request: Does anyone have photos of the underside of a 911R motor showing off the exhaust headers in addition to the megaphones (which Oliver was nice enough to already post). What is the header diameter, are they equal length and what is the length of the primaries?
    Thanks.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

One more thing; did these cars use a magnesium oil pump like on the standard cars?
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Anybody "really" want one?

There is an unstamped 911 2.0 liter sandcast engine that I saw in a warehouse on Friday. It may be available for sale but no promises and it is NOT mine.
    The engine is dual plugged with correct Marelli distributor. It has Ti rods, 46mm Webers with correct manifolds. There is a factory lightweight flywheel/pressure plate assembly installed as well. Oil cooler, oil lines intact.

I think a full factory "R" exhaust system could be had to go with it for a sum.

The engine is fresh.

Tom

??????????
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ErVikingo
    ??????????
    ????? ???

Tom

Who, where, what and how much ??????
    Juan - Member # 321
    Ft. Lauderdale

Mission Foods Porsche GT3 Cup USA Champion
    Klub Sport Champion
    Rolex Endurance Champion
    Louis Chevrolet Endurance Champion
    HSR Sprint Champion
    PCA Club Race Champion

Race cars and parts for sale; videos and photos at: www.alteregoracing.com

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." -Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by RennTyp
    The engine now has about 2,500 miles under its belt and has freed up nicely. I've had it dyno'd at c.210hp - we didn't ring it's neck to find out exactly how much it would produce at the top end but the power curve was still near vertical at 7,750 and it should run to 8,200 or more.
    So to make sure I read this right and to help in my decision making process:

You dynoed this motor to just below 7800 RPM. The motor has 45mm intake valves and 39mm exhaust valves; the ports are 36mm intake and 35mm exhaust. This resulted in an at the crank HP number of 210 HP on 906 cams.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

906 Lh #906153

THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY ABOUT A 906 ENGINE IS IT'S THE ONLY RACE CAR I DROVE THAT I NEEDED EAR PLUGS;THE SOUND ON CAM AT 7000-8000 WAS LIKE A BANSHEEE SCREAM,MIND YOU I'VE DRIVEN 550A,904,A STANDERED 906,CARRERA SPSTER GT,ELVA PORSCHE,AND SOME OTHERS(I WILL NOT MENTION THE FERRARI RACE CARS) I've forgotten;there is no sound in the world like a 906LH on cam.BOY I MISS THAT CAR