Thread: Nice SWB for sale. Comments please.

Nice SWB for sale. Comments please.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-...QQcmdZViewItem

I am thinking about bidding on this one. Any comments on the car?

Better buy a plane ticket to Boise. Very nice.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Quote Originally Posted by badbilly
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-...QQcmdZViewItem

I am thinking about bidding on this one. Any comments on the car?
    I have a 1966 with 40,000 original miles, same color, leather seats, no sunroof. As you mentioned, sunroof on these early cars is rare. Mine is 100% original interior, 100% original engine and trans, no rebuild. The wood wheel appears new, dash wood also perfect, all I did was put a little bees wax on it. Mine has some of the original paint, some has been touched up. No rust, all original rubber on moldings, chrome perfect all the way around. Carpet in trunk 100% all factory original. I bought this car about 2 years ago, and paid over $27,000, then had to have it shipped, so I have about $29,000 in it. This car does look very nice, and with the rebuild on the motor, I would think it is still under value at current bid. The 130 HP motors with the webers run out real nice, lots of power. Hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

I looked at the car two or three months ago. It's a great car that was degraded in my opinion by a VERY ameteur paint job. It is indeed rust free and never hit, but in my estimation it kind of needs everything cosmetically, including the interior. There are lots of parts of the car that are nice condition considering their age, but nothing that's nice enough to leave alone in my opinion.The seller is a really nice guy, but isn't tuned in to what a #1 or #2 car looks like. To me, it's a cool car and a great project, that drives, and looks good from 20 feet. I was really trying to talk myself into the deal, but it just needs it all.
    Tom F.

'67 911S Slate Gray
    '70 911T 2.8 hotrod (in progress)
    '92 964

Ppi

Call Red at Motorsports NW in Boise if you do a PPI
    He knows these very well and is a straight shooter

Idaho/ Boise is a good place for cars, Actually very dry
    I might chase If i didnt have a 67S Sunroof and other projects in
    the works

Randy K
    Randy K. Germany /Oregon Way too many put away way too many gone !

Sale result

Thanks for all the comments. This 66 went for $25,650.
    A little high, IMO, for one needing paint and interior work.
    Easy to get over $40k in that one, when done.
    Still, it had some definite pluses.
    The search continues...