Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huntington Beach

Gburner
    Eade and John congrats to both of you on your 911 accomplishments.
    Eade look out for John out he is no slouch at concours, that was where he got his start with Porsches.
    He has strayed from wine and cheese to rum and race tires.
    Best of luck showing, touring and racing guys.

Question anyone know a guy that worked on the HB show 10 years ago or so named Dave Triplett?
    Body and paint guy from the area, like to share a cold one with him again.

Ell, I'm sorry to hear that the organizers have sent out mixed directives. I didn't know or encounter any of this, but last year I was one of the last cars out boack on the green to leave. Same overall situation seems to prevail at Dana Point, however I don't know how they handle it. Again, the Ragamuffin stayed behind while I thoroughly soaked in the fabulous cars. Not often do I see a GT 2.

I think I understand why organizers want the show to stay intact until at least early afternoon. ONe reason is that moving cars and crowds don't mix optimally. Another is late arrivals will get a bad taste if they see a half empty show and won't return the following year resulting in less gate.

But, the bottom line here is that none of this was conveyed here on the Early Reg and unofficial R Gruppe message board except John's D. private email to organize and then the following email a few days later to abort. The second email was somewhat terse and I don't blame John a bit for his attitute as hard as he and others like Roger work to have all of us get together as a group.

So, that's it, I'm done making a mountain out of a mole hill; finished ranting if it sounded as such. See ya all at the next event.

Similar Threads

1. Looking at a car in Huntington Beach - help please
    By VA_alfa in forum General Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2014, 07:46 PM
  2. Looking for VW shop in Huntington beach area
    By Rick Cabell in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 09:45 AM
  3. PPI & reference check Huntington Beach
    By shrews in forum General Info
    Replies: 1