Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H1 restoration

H1 restoration

Does anyone know of a place that restores H1's. I found a place in England on past threads but I would like to send them here in the states.
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Mike:

I'll be frank and say that the English are very good at doing things we don't care about anymore.
    In the vintage bike business (especially Brit bikes) they cannot be touched for parts availability. And believe it or not one of the best "stockists" for Japanese vintage bike parts is in, you guessed it, the UK!

My racing brake for my Rennsport replica was done by an old machinist/biker/mechanic as nobody in the USA wanted anything to do with it. It was expensive and it hurt to lay out the money but in the end I have a very unique piece as it is a full magnesium copy (nice black color too) of the famous Fontana 4 Leading Shoe brake.

If I never ride the bike, it will still be pretty to look at; Kinetic Art.

Good luck with the search but don't beat yourself up too much. Besides, Brits love a good challenge. Anything that could be built with 3 parts, they will use 10.

Best,

Tom

Don't get me wrong I don't have any problem sending them over there but if there’s someone in closer proximity......
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Nothing of the sort, Mike.

You won't be getting any favors on the exchange rate either.

Good luck,

Tom

Lights almost like 911s

...Sorry to say I can almost guarantee you, that you'll be better off just buying a nice set than get yours repaired or restored...

-Allen-

anybody got a set with city lights?
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

Hey Mike, I have a set that is not concorse but very nice. Ian (toomany911s) posted a set of NOS if I remember correctly on Pelican.
    Rick
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

H4's have city lights.

You are asking about H1's - never seen city lights on those.

Maybe I'm not using the correct wording. Its the little glow light in the front, H1's have em or at least some do.
    Mike
    S Registry #825
    73.5 Dalmatian Blue

You're using the correct terminology Mike and yes, some H1s come with them. I had one only but, sold it awhile back.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586