Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana Point Show!!!

Thumbs up Dana Point Show!!!

OK, good news! I just spoke with Pete McNulty, Chairman of the Dana Point Concours Show. The 356 Club has graciously invited us back, and they are going to provide the Early S and RGRUPPE members and cars our very own area ON THE GRASS!

We had a GREAT turnout last year, and it was GREAT SHOW!!! Let's all do it again!

PLace: Lantern Park, Dana Point
    Date: Sunday, July 9'th, 2006. Show starts at 8:00am.

MEET PLACE: LET'S PLAN ON MEETING AT THE USUAL SPOT - HWY 5 AND ORTEGA HWY, SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, IN THE DENNY'S PARKING LOT. WE HAVE TO ARRIVE AT THE PARK 'AS A GRUPPE' AT 8AM, SO WE SHOULD ROLL FROM THE PARKING LOT BY 7:30.

Note that there is a $20 per car entry fee, which we can collect in advance, or you can pay when you enter.

Let's have a show of hands! Who's IN??? (Maybe we can even convince Robb W. to have another of his FAMOUS post-coucours BBQ!!!!)

FEEL FREE TO post here, or PM me if you have any questions, concerns, suggestions etc! See you all a week from Sunday!

I'll ask Roger to forward an email to the SO. CAL RGRUPPE members as well
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Hey I know we're all car guys, and this sounds great; however there is another worldwide pastime that same day..................July 9th is also the Final game of the World Cup (you know.....soccer.) Game starts at 11 am, so I may have to opt out.....especially if Argentina, Germany, Italy, or the US is in the final. We'll have to see how it develops.

GO ARGENTINA!!!!!!

Thanks for making the call Stacy. Sounds like a great event.

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman
    Maybe we can even convince Robb W. to have another of his FAMOUS post-coucours BBQ!!!!
    Rumor has it that the Wolfman doesn't like Porsches anymore. I hear he's gone all hoity toity and started looking into the Italian, prancing mule-brand.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Invite from Pete McNulty

Stacy and others,
    Absolutely! We want all Porsches there. Spread the word. It is my hope to see these groups self organize a bit and come in together and form their own corrals! 912ers have done it for a few years now. Last year, PCA, RGRUPPE, 911 folks as well. Bring 'em on! & bring 'em all. Lets have the largest gathering of Porsches in the West! See you there Sunday July 9th. This year, we are going to have a staging area in the park just before the culdesac, the grass area on the left. We'll have the registered entrants of 356ers to be judged get parked first. That starts at 7:00 a.m. Around 8:00 a.m., general parking opens for all other Porsches.

Posted today on the 356 Club BB.
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

Dana Point

Count me in, I will bring the 68S Softie. The last 2 years had many great cars show up
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

I will be there. This is a great show with fantastic 356s and other Porsches. Will bring the Alfa - oh hold, wrong car ...
    Mike Baum #505

57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint
    60 Citroën ID
    61 Lancia Appia Vignale Convertibile
    64 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI
    66 Lancia Flavia Sport Zagato
    69 911S Targa (Soft Window)
    72 Alfa Romeo Junior Zagato 1600

Count the Pristine Posse in....
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Posse

Johnny, NICE !!!!!!!!!!
    Bahia Red '72 911S

ES #333

After this VICIOUS PERSONAL ATTACK by Marco, I have no choice but to defend myself......

Yes, I did briefly go to the dark side with some Italian hardware. Think of it as my own little way of exploring myself, without having to go Brokeback!!!

But alas, I saw the errors of my ways and I have returned to the way of light. And to silence any doubters, below is a pic of the latest addition to the Wolford stable.

2003 Ruf RTurbo 550, 588 hp on the dyno sheet, taller gears for 219mph, Ruf suspension, gauges, etc.

According to the PO (who has an F40, a Carrera GT, a Stradale and is making room for a McLaren F1), this Ruf is only a tenth or two slower to a buck fifty than the CGT. It smokes the F40.

Pink slips anyone?!?!?!?!
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Wolfy,

Time to adjust your signature block palio :-) This way we know your therapy is complete........................

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76