Thread: eBay: fake ad??

eBay: fake ad??

http://cgi.ebay.com/1965-Porsche-911...QQcmdZViewItem

I guess it still happens on eBay that ad's are being copied by fake sellers?

Richard

fake ad!

No Richard, this is certainly no fake ad... I'm sure you'll get the car for the £ 2,800.- which this scammer wants
    Mike, member #841

They Hijack An Account Then List An Item Very Cheap..

THE LASTEST EBAY SCAMS!

BE CAREFUL THEY LOOK VERY GOOD!!

There Are Beginning To Be Alot Of Hijacked Accounts Where The Seller Has Good Feedback, Usually For Expensive Items Even Porsche 911 Parts.

I Was Recently Bidding On A RS Decklid And When I Called The Account Owner In No Cal He Had No Idea What I Was Talking About. The Real Owner Of The Account Has No Idea That An Auction On His Account /USER ID Has Been Posted.

SCAM 1
    The Scammer Lets You Win Then Emails You To Send The Money To A Different Address. In The Auction There Is Usually A Large Message... To Contact The Seller " Please Only Reply To This Email Address Not The One Listed With Ebay"

I KNEW IT WAS A SCAM ON THE RS LID! SO I PLAYED THE SCAMMER FOR WEEKS GIVING HIM FAKE WIRE TRANSFER NUMBERS... HE WOULD EMAIL 3 TIMES A DAY SAYING THE MONEY HAD NOT ARRIVED.

" I DONT KNOW WHY YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE MONEY THEY ALREDAY DEBITED THE $3,200 FROM MY ACCOUNT ... IT WILL BE THERE TOMORROW!".... "OOOOPS I MISSED A NUMBER IT WILL BE A FEW MORE DAYS!"

AFTER 2 WEEKS HE WAS REALLY GETTING FRUSTRATED AND EMAILED ME THAT FRAUD WAS A SERIOUS MATTER!

SCAM 2
    The Scammers Will Win YOUR Auction Then Tell You That THEY SENT The Money To A Paypal Escrow Account (its A Fake Account).. The FAKE PAYPAL ESCROW ACCOUNT (LOOKS REAL!) Says All That You Need To Do Is Provide A Tracking Number To Get The Money. They Hope That You Will Send The Expensive Item And By The Time You Figure Out It Is A Scam It Has Already Been Delivered To Nigeria.

Obviously You Never Get The Item Or Your Money Back You Won..

Sooner or later, EBay is going to be pulled into a lawsuit for this, and if when they lose, they will be deluged by class action suits. EBay does too little to stop the fraud and scammers that use their site and rip off their members. So far they have gotten away with it...

Ebay what me worry?

I recently recieved a note from Ebay's company "Paypal" informing me that my credit card information didn't work anymore.
    In writing back to them, I informed them that I had I closed the account with the parent company (months ago) which is now finalized (finally) and did the right arm know what the left arm was doing there?

Closing an Ebay account is not an easy thing to do. Never More.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    Sooner or later, EBay is going to be pulled into a lawsuit for this, and if when they lose, they will be deluged by class action suits. EBay does too little to stop the fraud and scammers that use their site and rip off their members. So far they have gotten away with it...
    That would be like suing your local newspaper because you sent money to one of those get-rich-quick real estate clowns. It's up to those of us who are sending money to be vigilant.
    1951 pre-A 356 (SOLD)
    1972 911T in "no-resale brown"