Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Attitudes & Postings

Quote Originally Posted by Gburner
    Hey hardcore.
    Just take a pause and let the long timers find a middle ground.
    It can't all be Big Willow T 8 flat out 5th all the time.
    When we gonna do Big Willow again? you owe me a ride!
    I got a seat for you, slip your feet in these stirrups and kick.
    You ready for OTR in November?
    Best,
    mg
    PS All that Sh1t between your ankles is just a life support system for long timers. Ready set go!
    Gotta passenger seat in the your new Donahue/Penske blue bomber?
    The time will come ...

As for the passenger seat, well, I just got the color squared away on Wednesday. The car should get the first trickles of paint this weekend while I'm goofing off with you goobers at the GAF.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

The thing that this bbs lost is it's innocence. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here, probably the best there are. On Pelican, it seems a newbie or veteran can ask any type of question and get various opinions/facts/answers without the nitpicking. Oh, it happens, to be sure. But, there might be less on an attitude.

I like to help, that's why I'm on the computer at all. I learn in the process. I'm an "active" learner. I will extract knowledge at the risk of being wrong or criticized. I can take mild and friendly criticism, but when it gets too sharp, it bothers me. I'm about in the middle as far as knowledge goes. A lot know more than me, that's a certainty. But, I have some practical experience and knowledge to offer. However, I'm more apprehensive about posting advice here than I am on Pelican.

I know a couple of people who have left this bbs and I know why. They, too, found the lofty perspective of some early 911 pendants to be less than congenial. The less personality, the better, I suppose, but something is lost there, too. I guess it's just careful stating of one's opinion, rather than careless remarks that make a good participant. I have to state for the record that I'm certainly one that has made many mistakes in posting with respect to facts and courtesy. And, I've been chastised plenty. Still, I recognize friendliness over snobbery. Even when I'm dead wrong or am in need of some dressing down, some do it with grace, some don't.

I don't feel any loss of companionship now that I don't have an early 911 to participate in the various local activities. The early 911 crowd is very cliquish and it comes through here on this bbs. Not all are like that, but it's there. Now, that's a perfect example of something that should have not been said, but that's how I feel. Someone started a thread about feelings, no?