I am a proud member of this forum and am glad to have had some great advice from fellow board members. I only hope to pass along the same. It seems quite evidently that there is some of us that are getting wound up about comments that are made. This forum is a priceless gateway to keeping our cars top notch or to getting them there. I could not guess how much $$ or agrevation has been saved by people adding personal experiences or advice/opinions in response to some posts.
There are those of us that take pot shots or try to get people fired up. It is going to happen and I am sure alot of these comments are usually just taken out of context or meant as fun. Then there are some that are meant intentionally. I hope that we can find the composure to reread a statement BEFORE it is posted and to be mature about this.
For those who have not joined take a moment and think how much you have learned or been entertained by what is offered here. Maybe you have been lurking for awhile and not posted. Try getting involved. Even if it is a "nice car" post. I hope you find the same commoradery that I have found.
The reputation that is being portrayed lately is one of negativity and of a roasting nature. People are actually affraid of posting to keep from getting flamed about their car or parts or a question they have. This is a shame. The people that make up this great bunch is awe strickening when you think of it. Some have been involved from before I was born in '67. For some this is their first Porsche whether a rust bucket or not. I remember being a kid and dreaming of owning one. Now I have too many and call them home wreckers. I may be single sooner than later but I WILL have a smile on my face!
So before you hit that button please think that the people that read these posts may be from a different culture all together and may take offense to your comments.
I hope that our moderators don't get sick of babysitting us and keep on doing the great job that they are doing. Because if this forum was nonexistant then I may have to watch a rerun of "Sex and the City" with my wife. I'd rather have a root canal!
Best to all,
Rick Uhlman