Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Attitudes & Postings

i honestly find this board to be a very friendly place. and i don't even own a 911 yet (i see the words 'sand beige' in my sleep now). these guys are serious about their cars and not in a 'what can i buy next' kinda way. the technical knowlege shared in this forum is UNBELIEVABLY GENEROUS! in my opinion this board is far more 'lets tear it apart and find out what it needs' than Rennlist and possibly on par with Pelican, but with the added benefit of being focused on early cars. How cool is that!

quest i think you should ask any question that strikes you! i enjoy reading others questions all the time!

when people get pi$$y on the boards you do the same thing you were taught to do in the real world, you walk away from that conversation. you don't leave the party though.

I'm gonna put everyone who posts on this thread on my ignore list...

Quote Originally Posted by 37yrold911
    I'm gonna put everyone who posts on this thread on my ignore list...

how will you read your own posts then?

Quote Originally Posted by berettafan
    how will you read your own posts then?
    - They couldn't possibly be worth reading.

I can see some spots on where I'd like to get in on that group hug tho.

I really do not understand why a track vs. reasonably spirited street driving rift has developed. My closest friends (Earl Green, Chuck Miller and several others) and I do both, and we not only enjoy each venue immensely, we have also learned much about becoming better drivers from both. We do our best to be level headed when driving on the track and the street, and we seem to become more level headed with each passing year . Over the years, some of us have had minor "offs" in one or both arenas, and we have always taken personal responsibility for whatever has happened and we have tried to learn from it (and no one has ever been injured at any "drives" I have been on). We do not drive fast where there are children, dogs and driveways (no matter what anyone else might say). We only drive fast now with people whose driving skills we know, and if someone we do not know starts to try and hang with us we back off and let them go on their own way - driving anywhere near the limit is hard enough without carrying around someone else's unknown problems. We are comfortable with our decisions and we do not like people to tell us what we can or cannot do. It is only when someone tries to impose their ideals on another that things get really weird. I understand the liability issues - but no one has yet found a satisfactory solution for all concerned as far as I know - so until that happens (and I would be happy to help and try and find a solution), I will simply enjoy life and try not to hurt anyone – life is simply too short for anything else. Godspeed.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa
    Yup..very true. It would be a nice addition to have a "room" for track trash talk. This BB seems to be bifircated by Early S boyz & Rgruppe Boyz. There's plenty here that would participate especially "Red Rooster"..
    Hi Curt !!! long time,ehh?

I don't think I'll bite on this one though....
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by a911s
    I really do not understand why a track vs. reasonably spirited street driving rift has developed.

I will simply enjoy life and try not to hurt anyone – life is simply too short for anything else. Godspeed.
    Hi Randy,

The riff might have started after the first race track was built.
    I have no idea of the origination of this riff but it is clearly is embedded in this “sports purpose” early Porsche club.
    For example recently members that may have been considering organized performance driver training or track time received guidance from a newsletter that street drivers basically possess the same skills as track drivers.
    It appears to me that some street drivers may have taken this as their new credo.
    Imho on a club level this has polarized the riff.
    Though the editor may really believe what he wrote my experiences with first time fast street drivers on the local AX track have proven quite the opposite.
    That’s what we have now, the basic dynamic of people taking sides and defending or promoting their positions.

Your approach to spirited street drives is commendable.

Life is simply too short, and selfishly (believe it or not) I want keep my first class seat on the good Karma train.
    Best,
    Mike

PS Yes group hug, and let me add I think a positive dynamic has appeared in this thread.
    While CP and I may have many friends here; good to see all sharing their unique opinions over and above a reactive pack mentality dog pile on maneuver.

"a reactive pack mentality dog pile"

LMAO! My customers in my store are wondering why I'm laughing out loud like an idiot here....problem is I'm trying to picture a manpile of Pcar nuts and it's a rather humorous mental image. Who brought the butter?????
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

This is simply the best site for early911's and i really like its friendly, professionel and respectful way how members communicate usually with each other.
    While i dont have a knowledge about track racing, this forum is simply the best place for research on any aspect of early911s, thanks.
    Registry member No.773