Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RGruppe Pines to Palms Run Nov 18-19 !!!

Thumbs up RGruppe Pines to Palms Run Nov 18-19 !!!

Mark your calenders for that weekend - the 5th annual RGruppe run from the beach to the desert, a 100 mile run that takes you from winding coastal back roads thru twisty mountian passes with spectacular views and ending up in Palm Springs and more fun stuff after we arrive.

Please check back as event info will be forthcoming, i.e. event itenierary, hotel & Restaurant.

Those of you that have come with us in years past know how much fun this run is, so start planning now to be there at the drivers meeting with us Saturday morning Nov. 18th !!

.....stay tuned.......
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

More info..........

I am suppose to pick up my GT3 in Beverly Hills right around that time. I have a place in Palm Springs were I am going to leave the car until summer. Where are you starting from and how close is it to Beverly Hills? I would love to join the tour if you can handle a GT3 in the pack. I am an R gruppe member. Just short an R gruppe car in that neck of the woods.

Keep me posted.

Hi Joe, No worries on the GT3.... H'ver the run starts at the 405 fwy/Ortega Hwy junction. Beverly hills is about 50+ miles north of us, not a real ostacle if you start out early enough. There is usually a small gruppe of 911's caravaning south from that area pretty early as we depart at 0800 sharp.

Cheers...
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Thanks for the update.

The dealer said it will be pushing it but I will let you know. It would be a great break in run.

Gt3 Rs

Quote Originally Posted by VIper Green E
    Thanks for the update.

The dealer said it will be pushing it but I will let you know. It would be a great break in run.
    Well, if you do end up picking up the car and are in Beverly Hills, I usually drive down from Brentwood (3 miles from B hills) to the meeting point on Saturday morning, and you're welcome to join in. Keep me posted as the date approaches...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Palm Springs

Johnny, we think we can make it, have you tied up a place to stay??? The hotel last year was great, are you thinking of the same place???
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

I'm still trying to clear my schedule but ya'll know I'll be there if I can.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Eade Hopkinson
    Johnny, we think we can make it, have you tied up a place to stay??? The hotel last year was great, are you thinking of the same place???

Hi Eade,
    Yes!! we are trying to get the same hotel as last year, I'll be announcing the "official" skinny very shortly....but I'm REALLY glad you chimed in......
    ummmm.....the Gov suite??? nice "Eade's Reserve" vintage.....????

Should we talk ???? PLEASE.... ....PM me.... ONE WAY OR ANOTHER LET'S HOOK THIS UP AND MAKE IT REAALLLY SPECIAL !!!!

I'm....getting amped up just typing this !!!

....and Marco.....get it togetha 'bro....Mom, Dad, Gloria & I are expecting ya !!!!
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Saturday Night Pre Function

I just spoke with the Wyndham Hotel, (760-322-6000), and I tied up the Suite we had last year. Sooooooooooooo, looks like we can Host the Pre function before going to dinner. Give me a call, and we can talk about what time you want to have dinner, and we can plan the Pre Party accordingly. Last year it seemed like the Pre Party could have gone on forever, so we can have it start at 5:00pm, and maybe you want to set up dinner for 7:30-8:00Pm. It would help Cheri and I if we could get a head count for how many may attend the 2nd Annual Palm Springs Pre Party Function. Great Cheese, Great wine, apps, we will host, let's Party. Cell# 760-815-8725
    Stacy, this is your chance to bring some GREAT WINE, and the wonderful CAB
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Gburner
    Wow sounds like fun. Eade's after the tasty brunch party, or sweet suite wine/cheese pre dinner party party was a hit, glad it may be extended.
    Would be nice to have a dinner location that is quiet enough to talk and allows easy table hop and mingle time too.