Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RGruppe Pines to Palms Run Nov 18-19 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gburner
    Wow sounds like fun. Eade's after the tasty brunch party, or sweet suite wine/cheese pre dinner party party was a hit, glad it may be extended.
    Would be nice to have a dinner location that is quiet enough to talk and allows easy table hop and mingle time too.
    I think you have a good idea, maybe we can get a private room at the restaurant, or somewhere else in town that could accomodate up to 30 people, or more
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Got the girls (Gloria & Sheila) working on the dinner digs as I write this...
    Sheila will be out in PS this weekend (like usual...) and the event hotel will Be the Wyndam, Gloria is working with her contact at the hotel to try and secure the same group rate as last year, check back as I'll post the info as soon as I have it.

Eade, Thank You for offering to host what will surely be yet another fantastic pre-dinner get together....you're the best!!

This will be a great weekend for sure !!!
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

O.k.....trying to get the info up asap..... ... Just was informed by my social acivities coordinator (the wife.. ) that there will be a block of 7 rooms initially held at the Wyndham Hotel. Should there be a need for more that most likely can be accomodated, bearing in mind that "peak season" is just beginning in Palm Springs....so book your room A.S.A.P. - Our contact person at the Wyndham is Elena Winklelmann her number is 760-322-6000. She is the same person who handled our accomodations last year.

The Date: Sat nite, Nov 18, 2006

Wyndham Hotel
    888 Tahquitz Canyon Way
    Palm Springs, CA 92262
    ***Book ASAP!!!!!

I was told that she is going to try and get us the same rate as last year, which if I remember correctly was approx. $180/nite. Book your room now.... it will be very hard to get add'l rooms at the last minute unless we show that we used up our initial block of rooms early on. Again, peak season is the name of the game and the place fills up fast !!!

The girls are awaiting return calls from a couple nice places to eat with the hopes of getting a private room or section for us. As I memtioned in an earlier post Sheila (our destination host and newest RGruppe member..) will be out there is weekend to check things out first hand.

I'll post back after the w/e with further details. In the meantime 'rooster's headin' out to Pahrump Nv. for the final PCA Zone 8 Time trials of '06 ....ahh two days at the track.... it's my "fix" !!!
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Desert Run

Quote Originally Posted by Eade Hopkinson
    Stacy, this is your chance to bring some GREAT WINE, and the wonderful CAB
    Well, OF COURSE, as fate would have it this year, Jennifer and I are leaving for our annual trek to New York on Sunday the 19'th, booked LONG ago...So, staying overnight is out of the question. We're gonna try and arrange to make the drive, hang out for dinner, and then drive home after dinner that night....

Eade, might be the Cab, might be the 72S....whichever needs the exercise. At any rate, here's hoping that NEXT YEAR, every darn event doesn't take place while I'm out of town.....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Springs

Eade, might be the Cab, might be the 72S....whichever needs the exercise. At any rate, here's hoping that NEXT YEAR, every darn event doesn't take place while I'm out of town.....
    It appears it will be a cold day in hell before you let go of that Cab
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

I am very pleased to announce...

...that Gloria & Sheila, my social coordinating team, have secured the private dinning room with open patio at the KAISER GRILL in downtown Palm Springs with 8 pm reservations.

Here's a link.....
    http://www.restaurantsofpalmsprings....rings.com/kgps

We have reviewed the available group menu optiions and are thrilled to share that we feel we have a delicious dining experience lined up for the evening.

The 'Gruppe gals have done it again!!!
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Springs

Pulled up the link, the place looks perfect, great menu 8:00Pm will also be great, we will have plenty of time for Pre Party
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Just came in from the Boss. The weekend's already booked for Vegas. I'm gonna miss you guys but I'll be there in spirit.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Bummer you won't be with us Marco ......but Vegas calls!!

Everyone else...Please!!....If you are planning on attending get on the phone and make those reservations at the Wyndham. See prior posts in this thread for contact info.

We have a block of 10 rooms at $139.00++/nt. Current Regular rate for Nov. is $199.00/++. The hotel is thrilled to have RGruppe back again and wants to make sure we are satisfied, so please, show your support and book your room asap.

I will be arranging parking just outside the shaded main enterance...an RGruppe parking coral so to speak

This is going to definitely be a fantastic weekend, so don't procrastinate and miss out !!

Let's see some posts here of who going.......
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Question Anybody....?

Hey everyone, I'd like to start seeing some posts showing at least a bit of interest for the PS run.......I have not heard a whisper....from anyone

Thanks.
    Johnny Riz
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335