Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: RGruppe Pines to Palms Run Nov 18-19 !!!

Very cool - thanks for sharing Johnny!
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Thanks for posting those JR. As usual miles of smiles all around. Hey, love that #22 car. The yellow with orange swirls. What's the story with that one? Inquiring minds want to know.

Cheers........

CT
    2004 GT3 Carrara White with a few mods...
    2011 987.2 Spyder White, LWB's, 6 speed... Crazy Fun!!!

R #208
    S #607
    A #76

I'd like to add my thanks to a terrific drive and weekend. Amazing roads (one in particular I had the chance to drive THREE times! - don't ask) and wonderful friends. Seeing other friends at our feeble attempt to recreate an Eade cocktail party was great fun. Thanks to everyone!
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

RGruppe Pine to Palms Run Nov 18-19

For all non California Residents:
    Have you found yourself in the Marin Highlands trail braking a Taurus or on
    Rt 1 between Monterey and Big Sur stylin in a Sebring convertible or how about twisting through Mulholland Drive in a Dodge Caravan with three kids [ask me what color skirt I was wearing] and daydreamed :"If I only had my_____ out here."
    Well I feel your pain.
    How about: 125 miles,400 to 6000+ foot elevation, back to back /180 /blind/ banked turns, camraderie,conversation,scenery,911's,architecture ,food and the King's [Presley] honeymoon compound. Oh and a bronze Bono.
    After a whirl wind 3 days we stumbled off the red eye at 5:30 EST wondering
    if it was all a dream.
    We are jonesing for more. GBurner please leave the lights on.

Johnny,Gloria,Sheila and Dave
    Many thanks for organizing it all. A Top Shelf Tour de Force!
    Regards,
    Larry & Liz

Many thanks to Mr Riz, Mrs Glorious, Sheila and Dave for their roles in making a great R-Gruppe weekend. Thanks too to Lars and Steven for the open bar micro party with the unique hand basin cooler and live College football.

Tracey and I had a great weekend, a round trip of 1180 miles of great driving through deserts, over mountains, through oil fields, windmill farms, freeways and strip malls - the broad cross section of CA lifestyles.

We arrived safely home with both orange cars after a 9hr 45 min drive on Sunday. Tracey drove shtang (Steven's orange car) for 6 hours on Sunday and is now preparing a spreadsheet budget for her own 3.6 lightweight...

Thanks to all our R-Gruppe friends, some of whom we might not see until the same event next year.

Cheers,

Hayden & Tracey
    Technical Director
    Windrush Evolutions Inc.

Gburner
    Great weather, perfect company.
    Yvonne and I arrived around 10am to help with the brunch.
    Really was not much left for us to help with...
    Turned out I think Dave just wanted someone to share his ice cold Modelos.

Brunch, Pool time, fun hotel party, great dinner and location too.
    We all partied like rock stars.
    Hey Larry for you we'll leave the runway lights on, and lmk if I can do anything else.

Seemed to be a lot of track talk too.
    With Lar's recent victory.
    Paul K and Hayden chatted up some good racing too.
    Since I'm dropping names what a surprize to have Norbert Singer's son Andy (green shirt) join us. His english was perfect.

Fun pictures, one of the most enjoyable Palm to Pines yet!
    Thanks all that made it happened!!
    John, Gloria, Dave, Shiela, Lars and Steve awesome effort!

Thumbs up Great run and fun last weekend!

Many many thanks to John, Gloria, Shelia , and Dave! Mike you let the cat out of the bag about Andy being Norbert Singer's son. He says it is a little difficult sometimes having such a famous father. He wanted to say thanks to everyone and for making him feel so welcome.
    He and I had a GREAT time! Sorry we had to leave so early.

All the best!

Roger Grago
    R Gruppe #27
    Early 911S Registry #194 since 1999

Great to see all of you again...

and good to meet some of you for the first time...thanks for stopping by our little "dorm-party"....especially to the pretty girls who saved Steven's and my butt with the cheese and crackers...Very good and not to forget..the additional extra supply of "Pinot Griot" and "Merlot" didn't hurt either,right Sheila?..eeh?...
    Sorry for Stacy...I hope you got home OK...hopefully it's just a "screw loose" or something simple (btw we all have those,you know...)
    Also very impressive to see all the "long haulers" who made a super efford to come.. Hayden and Tracey...wow,almost 10 hours...each way that is...the 356:ers from Phoenix got a "doubble whammy"with 911/356 "P to P" and Larry & Liz..."Buy and Drive"..Excellent + best of luck with the new "S"... just to make you feel at home here's some pic's from the same trip a few years ago...
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

It really looks like you guys had a great time (again) this year. Makes me kinda bummed that I wasn't there.

Vegas was fun, but with the $200 deposit I made at the 4 Queens a night in Palm Springs with the RGruppe is looking like a bargain. Besides, it's weird looking at R Gruppe pictures and not seeing the TLG Auto silver 356 lurking in the background.

Next year I'll bring my 911 out to play.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

No worries Marco.... Mom & Pop made a very good TLG showing ...h'ver you WERE missed....plan on it for next year bud
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335