Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Color 226 - Chartruse (Lime Green)

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    And lastly, the reason Chartreuse is so hard on the eyes is because it isn't green with bright yellow -- that's Viper Green which is SWEET! Chartreuse is Bright Yellow with a hint of Bright Green. The closest thing I can think of to compare is the color of Optical Yellow tennis balls when they first come out of the can. Imagine that color waxed to perfection reflecting the sun.

By the way, here in the states, a variety of So Cal Fire Stations repainted their fire engines Chartreuse in response to that study as well. The reason almost all returned to red soon after? The Fireman complained about having to drive around in trucks that color.

Okay. I'm off my soap box. Good luck on your decision. And if you go for the chartreuse, remember, I've got a crisp $10 bill waiting for you!
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Here you go. This is shot in lower light than the photo Chuck posted of RS 1552.

It is certainly a polorizing color choice. What color is the interior of your car? Don't paint it 226 if it is anything other than black.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

"Exactly my point. Chartreuse is a traffic stopper. In all the wrong ways. Seriously. Let me go one step further and say that if you paint your car in Chartreuse and when it's done, you absolutely love it? I will send you $10 U.S. Simple as that."

I'll send you a twenty WHEN you absolutely love it! My first 911 was Signal Yellow. Currently have 73 Black and 73 Tangerine. Chartreuse is absolutely THE BEST.

AND, SandyI is a writer and I am an architect. Anyone knows architects are more visual than writers! Who you gonna trust!
    356 Reg #16227
    Early S Reg #700
    R Gruppe #340

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by steven0401
    SandyI is a writer and I am an architect. Anyone knows architects are more visual than writers! Who you gonna trust!
    Personally, I only trust THE GHOSTBUSTERS. (Am I dating myself?)

Then it's decided. He goes for the Chartreuse with $30 U.S. toward the paint job. But Tangerine is a MUCH better choice.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

The Chartreuse RS spent some time here in the Bay Area so I got to see it in person - it's a very nice color - this coming from a guy with a "traditional silver" car.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Chartruse!

Hey, this is great - looks like a heated debate is underway...

And the outcome...still not a done deal - but lets just say I'm looking forward to the 30$ and yes, I REALLY am an Architect.......!

Madrid Airport Terminal for the Stirling Prize anyone??

Chartreuse is one of my favorites!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by SandyI
    And to all of you who support this paint job, how many of you would trade your car for the same one in Chartreuse? Show of hands please?
    I'd trade a my silver car for a same spec car in that color. But then I'm sick man when it comes to colors on these cars. And I have seen this lime green in the flesh.
    Cheers,

Steve

Early 911S Registry #791
    R Gruppe #404

69 911T Ivory White 2.9 "RGruppe'd" (SOLD)
    72 911T Silver RS Replica SOLD
    73 911S Silver 2.7 "Flares and Chairs" SOLD

I have to agree that 226 is a spectacular color. I came very close to repainting my targa in this color, but chickened out in the end. I'm very happy with ivory. It has grown on me like I never expected.

But before I went with original color, I painted my decklid 226, and it was gorgeous. Make sure the prep is good because it's like signal yellow--hard to cover.

There's a great picture somewhere showing a signal orange, chartreuse, and tangerine car altogether. I have it somewhere, so I'll post if I can find it.

Post pictures and the story if you go with it.

Go for it. Have fun.

By the way. The first picture posted by Oliver looks to me to be the closest to what the color really looks like in real life.

Chartruese isn't a green nor is it a yellow color. It's so rides the fence between the two that it's just called Chartruese. Not Chartruese Green nor Chartruese Yellow just Chartruese. It also has the slightest hint of brown it it which makes it really unique.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.